- Pirated software refers to cracked, modified or otherwise tampered with software in order to allow its use without the payment of required licensing fees.
- Windows 11 does not detect pirated software. However, pirated software often contains malware and can cause harm to your computer.
- Windows Defender may notify you of potentially harmful software but if you whitelist it, you can continue using it with no issues.
Pirated software is counterfeit software, and It can be a copy of the original software or a modified version of it.
Often, software that is copied and distributed for free will contain malicious codes that can steal your personal information or damage your computer, and it could also delete files or install viruses or spyware.
Even though we don’t recommend using any sort of pirated software or apps on your device, there might be situations where you don’t have any choice.
For this reason, our guide will cover the subject from the perspective of what can be done if you necessarily need to use this type of software on your Windows 11 machine.
Can I use cracked software on Windows 11?
Yes, it’s possible to use cracked software on Windows 11. Microsoft does not check for pirated software during the installation process but may warn you if Windows Defender suspects it as malware.
It is important to note that your usage may be limited as it may work for a while but then stop when Microsoft releases a patch or update to fix the problem that the cracked software was exploiting.
You can forego the updates but some are critical and you may have to choose between running cracked software and important system updates.
What can I do if Windows 11 detects pirated software?
➡ Whitelist the software
- Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
- Type Windows Defender in the search bar and click Open.
- Navigate to Virus & threat protection and select Manage settings.
- Scroll down and select Add or remove exclusions.
- Now add the software you want to be omitted from virus scans.
Do pirated games work on Windows 11?
Pirated games work well on Windows 11. The only problem is that, if you use a pirated game or software, you will be unable to receive updates.
However, it’s worth noting that Windows 11 has significantly improved its ability to detect malware and viruses. So if you download a pirated or cracked version of a game or file, then it may become corrupted with a virus.
You can add an extra layer of protection by investing in malware removal software to protect your system from vulnerability.
Also, let us know your experience with pirated software on your OS and what steps you have taken to protect yourself from malware in the comment section below.