- Doom is probably one of the best-know FPS games of all time and a pioneer of the genre.
- In this article, we’re going to show you how to play the original Doom in your web browser.
- Want to know what else you can do in your browser? Visit our Browsers section for more information.
- Love playing games both newer and older? Then check out our dedicated Gaming section.
Doom is one of the first FPS games in history, and it has created the FPS genre we know today.
There are several Doom games available, but did you know that you can run Doom in your web browser?
That’s right, you can play the original Doom in your browser, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
How can I play Doom in my web browser?
1. Use gaming websites
- Visit one games website that hosts Doom.
- Select the game and click the Start button.
- Wait for the emulator to start and download the required fields.
- Play the game once it’s loaded.
Doom is hosted on various gaming websites and you can use them to play it for free. These websites are running an emulator in the browser, so you’ll basically emulate Doom in your browser.
The browser has a GX Control feature that allows you to allocate resources such as your CPU, RAM, and network bandwidth to your browser.
By doing that, you’ll ensure that you have enough hardware power for other tasks.
Opera has Twitch integration and it allows you to keep track of your favorite streamers with ease. There’s also a GX Corner feature so you can keep up with the latest news from the gaming world.
The browser is fully customizable and it allows you to change the highlight color, wallpapers, and themes. There’s also a built-in messenger so you can easily text your friends without ever leaving the game.
Other features from Opera browser are also there, so you’ll also get a built-in ad blocker, tracking protection as well as free and unlimited VPN.
Opera GXDestroy hordes of hapless demons withing the world's best web browser created specifically for gamers new and old.
Playing Doom in your web browser is incredibly simple, and you can do it as long as you have the right browser for the job.
FAQ: Learn more about Doom
- How can I play the original Doom?
You can play original Doom in your web browser for free on several websites that host games.
- Can Doom run on Windows 10?
Yes, Doom can be played on Windows 10, but you might need to run in compatibility mode or use an emulator for it.
- Can I play Doom on my laptop?
As long as your laptop meets the hardware requirements you should be able to play Doom without any problems.
- How do I get Doom 3 to work on Windows 10?
If you’re having problems with Doom 3, install the latest patches or try running the game in the Compatibility Mode.