- Seeing the error code 500 on the DoorDash app can become frustrating over time, but this guide will ensure you know how to deal with it.
- To start resolving this pesky issue, start by signing out of the DoorDash app, and then follow the next steps.
- Explore our thorough Web Apps Hub for more easy-to-follow guides for different web apps.
- To check out some more DoorDash guides, have a look at our DoorDash problems section.
DoorDash is an application that is widely used in the U.S. This app can be used to order food from different types of restaurants to your location.
Users sometimes encounter DoorDash error code 500. If you are getting such an error then you are in the right place to fix it.
The Doordash error code 500 prevents you from using most of the application’s features.
Getting this error just simply means that your DoorDash application lacks proper inter access or you have a full cache that is ready to be cleared.
Follow the simple steps that have been discussed in this guide to fix the DoorDash error.
How to fix the DoorDash error code 500?
1. Sign out of the DoorDash app
- Open the DoorDash app.
- Tap the Log Out button on the top right corner of the app.
- Close the app and, relaunch DoorDash.
- Try to sign in to your DoorDash application again, and confirm if you still get the error.
2. Restart your router
- Switch your router off from the power button.
- When all the lights are off, unplug the power cord located at the back of the router.
- Leave the router idle and unplugged for 2 minutes.
- Insert the power cable back into the router.
- Give the router time to boot, and let the green light be steady.
- Finally, reconnect your phone to the network and login to DoorDash.
If you still get the DoorDash error 500, try the next method.
3. Update app to stop DoorDash error code 500
- Tap on the Google Play Store.
- Select the Menu option.
- Tap on My apps & games.
- Scroll down to find the DoorDash application, and tap the Update button.
- Click on the App Store application on your device to open it.
- When the App Store opens, type DoorDash in the search bar, located at the top.
- DoorDash app icon will display as the search result. Tap it to expand.
- When the DoorDash opens, you will see Update select it.
- Next, Accept/I Agree options will pop up, you now have to agree to the terms.
- Wait for about 2 minutes for DoorDash to update fully.
- When the update is completed the update button will change to open. Click on it to open DoorDash, and use the updated version.
Login and confirm if you still experience the DoorDash error code 500.
4. Reset your Network Settings
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Click the Reset option.
- Select the Reset Network Settings option.
- Type your password in.
- Tap on the Reset Network Settings confirmation box.
- Go to your app menu.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select System.
- Tap Reset in the next window.
- Click on Network Settings Reset.
- Select Reset settings (if there is a security PIN, pattern, or password you will be required to input it).
- Your Android will restart after you finalize these steps. resetting cellular, APN, Wi-Fi networks, and passwords settings.
5. Clear Cache to fix DoorDash error code 500
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on Applications.
- Find DoorDash on the list.
- Tap the app.
- Tap the clear cache option.
- Navigate to Settings on your device.
- Click the General option.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Search for the DoorDash app.
- Select the DoorDash app and a few size management options will display.
- Next, tap the Delete option.
- Proceed to reinstall the DoorDash app from the iOS App Store.
The steps discussed here including, clearing your cache, and resetting your network are all proven steps. So If you followed the guide properly, the DoorDash application should be fixed up by now.
Go on and log in. Start using the application again without any DoorDash error code 500, and always remember to clear DoorDash cache once in a while. Feel free to leave comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about DoorDash errors
- What is the HTTP error 500?
The HTTP error 500 is often a generic term for something not functioning the way it should have been on the website‘s server. Have a look at this thorough article for more details.
- How to fix HTTP error 500?
In order to fix this error as fast as possible, check out our dedicated Internal Server Error 500 section.
- What does code 400 mean on DoorDash?
The code 4000 on DoorDash means that you won’t be able to get access to the servers. To fix it, check out our Fix DoorDash error code 400 guide.