Valve revamps Dota 2 in-game interface
Valve recently added some changes to Dota 2’s in-game interface. These improvements focus mainly on the Shop layout and Hero Control Console. More specifically, the new Shop layout restores the item grid to the right-side, while the Hero Control Console shows both the base and bonus values for damage, armor, and attributes by default.
Dota 2 interface improvements
Shop UI improvements:
- Popular items are now generated automatically per hero based on the top 12 items from players with 5k mmr and above from the most recent two weeks of games
- Popular items are now highlighted on the item grid directly
- Shop item grid is now shown on the right side with guides extending to the left
- A global customizable Pinned Items section has been added to the shop. This section can be used to customize the shop to the items you use most frequently and are not tied to the currently selected hero.
Dota 2 Hero HUD layout changes:
- Attribute bonuses now show up permanently on the screen
- Base values for damage, armor, strength, agility and intelligence are now displayed alongside the bonus values (rather than being totaled)
- HP/Mana Bars are now slightly bigger
- Added Guide support for Talent Trees
- Fixed unpublished guides (that were in your cloud) not showing up in your Guide browser.
Dota 2 hotkey changes:
- Restored the optional ability to bring up learn mode with a hotkey, allowing for a two stage input for leveling abilities
- Added a hotkey for opening the talent tree UI (your old key used for leveling attributes). While the talent tree UI is open, the hotkeys 1 and 2 can be used to select the left or right branch.
What do you think about these changes? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Dota 2 update disk write errors
- Fans hate the new Dota 2 Update 7.00, say the game is losing its identity
- Valve’s The Orange Box now available on Xbox One
Microsoft released new Japanese and Chinese IMEs to Windows Insiders that are currently enrolled in the Fast Ring. These changes were introduced with the Windows […]
Microsoft is planning to redesign Windows 10 icons in Windows 10 20H1. The company says that the upcoming version of Windows will bring rounded corners […]