How to fix Dota 2 update disk write errors
Dota 2 is one of the most popular online multiplayer games, reuniting millions of players every day. Playing Dota 2 is fun, challenging and addictive, but sometimes the game can really get on players’ nerves. There are various technical issues that may potentially affect the game, and they usually occur at the worst possible moment. Fortunately, these errors are quite rare.
One of the most frequent Dota 2 errors is the update disk write error message. If you’re experiencing this error, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’re going to list a few quick workarounds to fix this error.
So while i was doing the dota 2 update, allmost to the end, my antivirus program finds a “problem” or a trojan as it says in vconsole2.exe. and i get a disk write error. I tryed evrything, disabled my fire wall and antivirus, restarted the updated again same error at the same place […]
Fix: Dota 2 update disk write error on Steam
1. Check your hard drive for errors
- Right-click the hard drive where you installed Dota 2 > select Properties
- Go to Tools > click Check.
2. Verify the integrity of the game cache
- Open your Steam Client > go to Library
- Right-click on Dota 2 > go to Properties
- Under Local Files > choose Verify integrity of game cache…
- Wait until the process has finished and try to run your game again.
3. Install Dota 2 on another drive.
4. Open Command Prompt as admin > type netsh > press Enter > type winsock reset > press Enter > wait until your computer restarts.
5. Go to the Steam/SteamApps folder > delete the downloading folder > Steam will download the update again.
6. Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common > look for a Dota 2 file without an extension > delete it > hit play on the game in Steam and this should let you launch the game.
There you go, we hope these solutions helped you fix the Dota 2 update disk write errors and you can enjoy the game.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Do you want the Dota 2 Roshpit tree back? Sign the petition now!
- Fix “Engine Error: Could Not Load Library Client” on Windows 10
- Fix: Steam errors on Windows 10
Microsoft is back again with another major feature update. The tech giant officially released Windows 10 May 2019 Update a few days ago. The big […]
Windows 10 users can now download the stable version of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (aka Windows v1903). This update brings some unique features and […]
With the Windows 10 version 1903 barely upon us, some issues seem to come up more than others. A part of them are affecting the […]