- Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) is the original enterprise browser developed for large organizations like businesses/universities.
- The best part is that you can download all versions of Firefox, including the enterprise version, completely free of cost.
- While the Rapid Release channel is more popular among users, for more stability and security, you should download and install the ESR versions as explained in this post.
If you want to download and install Firefox for your enterprise on Windows 10 & 11 OS, this post is just for you, at the right time.
You can choose to get either the Rapid release or the Extended Support Release (ESR) version. However, you can be assured of its excellent data security and data protection.
Also, you can refer to our detailed post on the best browsers for an enterprise based on speed and security, for a different perspective.
Before we move on to the download process, let’s understand a little more about Firefox for the enterprise.
What is Firefox for Enterprise?
Firefox Enterprise offers multiple software solutions developed by Mozilla and each of these serves individual Enterprise needs.
When you club all of these software solutions together, they make up Firefox Enterprise.
You can either select the Firefox Rapid Release channel (most popular) or the Firefox Extended Support Release channel (ESR) based on your requirement.
Is Firefox free for Enterprise?
While the corporation offers its enterprise customers a free basic version of Firefox (including the release and ESR), users also have an option to pay $10 per installation for a premium service.
The non-profit organization, Mozilla started offering this new premium service for enterprise customers in 2019 starting at $10 per user.
What is the latest version of Mozilla Firefox ESR?
The latest version of Firefox ESR is 102.1.0esr, which was first offered to ESR channel users on July 26, 2022.
You can download the latest versions for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit (MSI), Windows ARM64/AArch64, macOS, and also for Linux 32/64 bit.
Opera has partnered with Google to help you grow your multi-location enterprise. If you simply want to use the web app, the free Opera browser has a set of integrated sidebar utilities for easy access.
Opera for Business provides management services, social media management, and a customized set of advertising services across the inventory of Opera, Google, and Facebook.
Try Opera for Business, or use the web app for a more organized workspace, workflow, and user profiles.
How do I download & install Firefox Enterprise?
- To download Firefox ESR, go to the official Firefox website and click on the Download button.
- Go to Windows 32-bit/64-bit (the 32-bit version also works with 64-bit systems).
- From the drop-down select Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR).
- Go to the location where you downloaded the .exe file and double-click on the Firefox ESR installer.
- As the setup wizard opens up, click on Next to continue
- On the Setup Type page, select Standard and press Next.
- As you see the Summary window, click on Upgrade (if you already have Firefox installed).
- Once done, click on Finish.
- You can choose to select or deselect Launch Firefox now.
This is you can download the Firefox Enterprise and install it successfully.
If you are an experienced admin, you can also download the Firefox Enterprise MSI Installer (ESR) option for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
What is the difference between Firefox ESR and Firefox?
Some of the differences between Firefox ESR and Firefox are:
- Firefox ESR is mainly designed for organizations unlike the normal version is for regular users
- The ESR version does not come with the latest features but it does offer the latest patches for security and stability through updates
- Some of the features in the ESR version are disabled by default due to security and stability issues
- Firefox 79 offers a lot of new changes that are not present in the ESR 78.1 version
- Unlike Firefox, the ESR version does not require the extensions to be signed
- ESR can utilize the certificates installed in the OS without any issues, and without any need to install them
With Firefox ESR, you can now find out compatibility issues with 3rd party applications, log in to your Microsoft work or school account with single sign-on, and more.
Now that you have successfully downloaded and installed the Firefox Enterprise version, you can now enjoy all of its awesome features along with an automatic upgrade to the next version.
However, if you are trying to install the normal Firefox browser and it’s stuck, you can follow our guide for tested methods.
For any other queries on Firefox or other browsers, do leave a message in the comments box below.