Microsoft has discontinued its popular Picture Manager photo viewer and editor app with the release of Office 2013. So, if you have Microsoft Office 2013 or a newer version, you will not find Picture Manager in the apps.
Now, what if you want to install Picture Manager on your Windows 10 computer that runs Office 2013 or a newer version? Fortunately, Mircosoft still allows the users to download Picture Manager separately from the Download Center.
In this article, we show you how to download and install the Microsoft Office Picture Manager on Windows 10 PCs.
How do I download Microsoft Office Picture Manager?
1. Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Go to Microsoft Download Center to download the Microsoft SharePoint Designer. It is a 32-bit installer.
- Select your prefered language by clicking the drop-down menu.
- Click the Download button to start the download.
- The installer is 254 MB in size, so the download may take some time.
Run SharePoint Designer 2010
- Run the Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 setup wizard.
- In the welcome screen, click the Customize button.
- On the Installation Options tab, you should see multiple programs listed.
- Select each program and select Not Available. We only need to install the Microsoft Office Picture Manager, so it is better to disable other programs.
- Now press the + button beside Office Tools to expand.
- Click on all the features and select Not Available, except for the Microsoft Office Picture Manager option.
- Select the drop-down menu for Microsoft Office Picture Manager and choose Run from My Computer.
- Click the Install Now button at the bottom right corner.
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer will now install the Picture Manager. The process may take some time, so wait until the installation is complete.
- Once installed, reboot the computer to complete the installation. After the restart, Run the Picture Manager from the Desktop.
2. Install using Microsoft Office 2010
- If you have access to the Microsoft Office 2010 disc, you can install Microsoft Office Picture Manager directly from the Office installer.
- Run the installation using the Office disc and the Microsoft Office Picture Manager will be installed with other Office apps.
Microsoft Office Picture Manager is a handy tool as it offers all the essential features to edit and view images without using a third-party app.
If your Microsoft Office installation did not come with Picture Manager, follow the steps in this article to download Microsoft Office Picture Manager to your computer. Do let us if you prefer the Photos app or Picture Manager in the comments.
Also, don’t forget to leave there any other questions or suggestions that you may have.
- Download the best Windows 7 photo viewers
- How to open the Windows 7 Photo Viewer on Windows 10
- Windows Photo Viewer can’t open this picture [100% SOLVED]