Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- It was a challenging matter to find a compatible RAID Controller driver for Windows 11.
- We need it to enhance disk performance and for better data protection.
- This article has mentioned all the ways to find and download the compatible RAID controller driver for Windows 11 PCs.
If you want to download the RAID controller driver for Windows 11, you can do it easily. There are multiple ways to download this driver for your Windows PC. And then, you can manage your RAID configuration with dedicated software.
Why do I need a RAID controller driver?
The full form of RAID is the Redundant Array of Independent Disks. The primary purpose of this technology is the following:
- For better performance: To use the disks together efficiently and effectively for better performance and reliability.
- For better protection: It offers additional protection against data loss.
Once you understand the concept and the process to RAID external drives, let’s see how we can download the driver.
How do I download the RAID controller driver for Windows 11?
Before proceeding to the downloading methods, you should perform some preliminary steps:
- Make sure Windows is up to date.
- Ensure that at least the required drivers from your PC or motherboard manufacturer’s website or any trusted sources have been installed.
- If possible, update the BIOS to the latest version.
Afterward, you can go through the methods below to download the driver.
1. Download manually
1.1 From Intel
- Go to Intel Download Center.
- Search for Raid Controller and download the appropriate item for your PC.
1.2 From AMD
- Go to AMD Driver & Support page.
- Select Chipsets and choose the correct socket.
- Then, choose the motherboard chipset model and click on Submit.
- Expand Windows 11.
- Download the AMD RAID Driver.
1.3 From another manufacturer’s website
You also can consider downloading the RAID driver from your PC or motherboard manufacturer’s website. That will be easier to do in many situations.
After downloading, you can install the driver by double-clicking on the installer file.
2. Use third-party tools
Some tools can automatically find and install any missing drivers on Windows 11 computers. Moreover, these also can update any outdated drivers.
Outbyte Driver Updater is one of the best driver updates right now. If you have an outdated RAID controller driver installed on your Windows 11 computer, it can easily update it to the latest version and solve any incompatibility issues.
Moreover, Outbyte Driver Updater has features that enable the ability to update or install all drivers with just a single click, performing these tasks automatically according to your preferred schedules.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterOutbyte Driver Updater is one of the best tools for Windows 11 that can update and install the RAID Controller driver along with any other drivers on your PC.
3. Use Device Manager
- Open the Start Menu, type device manager, and click on Device Manager from the results.
- Expand Other devices.
- Right-click on Raid controller or similar driver name and choose Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
If you face problems with this process, you may need to learn how to solve Windows cannot download driver.
Missing the RAID driver or an outdated version may cause various disk problems on Windows 11 for specific cases. Else, it may decrease your disk performance as well.
For enterprise or personal usage, downloading and installing the RAID controller driver is important to enhance performance, reliability, and flexibility.
Please let us know in the comments box if you have any suggestions or opinions.