- You can protect your data, improve performance, and also balance your input and output operations using RAID.
- In this article, we will give you more details about the best RAID software that you can use.
- Don't forget to bookmark our Troubleshooting Hub for more helpful articles and guides.
- You can find more related articles in our Software Hub, so make sure to check it out.
RAID is a very useful way to protect your data, improve performance, and also balance your input and output operations.
RAID can be used either in the form of software, or hardware, depending on where you need to process to happen.
When it comes to hardware RAID, the process is performed by utilizing your computer’s internal motherboard
Paragon Partition Manager has both free and paid versions. Logically, the paid version offers more features, while the regular version is more basic. With the free version of this software, you can create, resize, copy or delete partitions, and that’s pretty much it.
The program has a very clean, Metro-like user interface, so users should have no problems getting around. It also comes with one handy feature called Automatic partition alignment, which automatically aligns partitions to boost performance of the storage device. Additionally, you can assign uallocated space to another partition, for more more practical use of the disk space.
, or, in some cases, a separate RAID card, making it a more powerful option, but that involves investing in specific hardware.
The software RAID is configured directly on your computer’s host server CPU, and even though the speed of processing is slower than in the case of hardware RAID, but it is more cost-efficient.
In order to manage every aspect of your RAID, you will need to use specialized software that allows dynamic disk management and also partition management.
In this article, we will explore some of the best software options that allow you to do that, and also a built-into-Windows alternative. Read on to find out more.
What’s the best RAID software for Windows 10?
There are also various third-party utilities that you can format flash drives with. If you can’t format a storage drive with File Explorer, check out software such as
AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional is a great software that allows you to format your hard drive and partitions without losing any data.
Although Windows already comes with a built-in partitioner it can take a lot more time than simply using a dedicated tool.
Let’s have a look at the key features of this software:
- Performs multiple disk/partition operations.
- Comes with additional features, such as bootable media creation, or Windows PE.
- Data recovery tool.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Profesisonalthe best partition software with multiple management functions. Get the best deal now!
Paragon Partition Manager allows you to create, resize, copy, or delete partitions. The interface is easy to use and very clean. You should have no problem quickly finding your way around it.
The performance of the storage device can be enhanced as well, due to its amazing feature called Automatic partition alignment.
If you have any free space, then you can allocate it to another partition in order to ensure more practical use of the disk space.
Paragon Hard Disk ManagerAn easy to use and reliable software for data recovery and with great partition management features. Try it now!
SnapRAID is another very useful RAID tool that allows you to manage every aspect of your disks and stores the entire range of information locally.
This software can recover from up to six disk failures, without compromising the data.
Here are some of the best features found in SnapRAID:
- Automatically hashes your data keeping it safe from silent corruption.
- In case the failed disks are not recoverable, it isolates them assuring the other disks don’t become corrupted.
- Recovery for accidental file deletion.
- Allows you to use different sized disks with the ability to add new ones at any time.
- If you stop using SnapRAID at any point in time, you don’t need to reformat or move your data.
- Optimizes the way your disks are used by only using the needed ones.
- Requires very low system requirements to run at full power.
- Lower power usage and noise.
- Easily scalable.
- Doesn’t run automatically.
- No built-in storage pooling.
- Limited when dealing with multiple users.
This built-in tool found in Windows 10 protects the entire range of data stored on your hard drive, and it can customize the way the storage is used.
You can set custom rules that allow you to group more drives in one storage pool, and then create virtual drives.
These drives store two copies of your data, allowing you not to worry about losing data even when one of the copies becomes corrupted.
- No need to install anything to use it
- Efficient disk management
- Limited range of features
- Not a very good looking interface
In this article, we explored some of the best software options that allow you to manage all your RAID hard disks with ease.
The software presented in this list covers all the tools you need to manage your hard disks creation, usage, and statistical gathering.
We also presented you with a built-in option that is almost as efficient as the software found in this article.
Please feel free to let us know what options you chose and how it worked out for you, by using the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about RAID software
- What is the difference between hardware and software RAID?
Hardware RAID is an older technology and requires special hardware, as opposed to software RAID, which has been introduced quite recently and requires no specialized hardware components.
- Is software RAID better than hardware RAID?
Yes, and no. Yes, because the costs of software RAID are significantly lower than for its hardware counterpart. However, software RAID is subject to certain limitations.
- What are the most common types of RAID?
The most common types of RAID are RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 6.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.