- Safari for Windows 10 is still preferred by many users since it outperforms other browsers in terms of performance.
- It is discontinued for Windows, thus, you have to download Safari for Windows 10 from other sources than the official website.
- In terms of privacy, the Safari browser features a built-in private search engine.
- If you encounter issues with Safari on Windows 10, switch to another great browser.
Developed by Apple Inc, Safari is a high-performance and easy-to-use web browser.
Just as Microsoft Edge is the default browser on Windows 10, Safari is the default browser for Max OS X and is available for Windows users as well.
Due to the ever-growing tech-fueled environment, the demand for easy-to-use web browsers has been on the rise.
From banking to commerce, to shopping online, users from all across the world are looking for secure and easy-to-use browsers for different purposes.
This browser has been optimized for usability, offering unique functions and tools that give it a competitive edge over other browsers in the market.
Building upon Apple’s reputation, the Safari browser has managed to impress users with its unique features and simple design.
It is user-friendly and compatible with all devices from PCs to Windows 10 laptops, mobile phones, and tablets. Below find some of this browser’s distinctive features.
Safari is designed to be used for MAC systems and may not work the best with your Windows 10 computer. Instead, Opera is one of the best browsers that is fully compatible with Windows.
Additionally, it features a built-in AdBlocker, so no annoying commercial to distract you from surfing the web as you like. For security, it comes with a VPN option.
Use one of the fastest browsers available, with improved security features and a built-in Adblocker.
How do I download and install Safari on Windows 10?
1. Features of Safari browser
Safari browser is designed to enhance the browsing, not the browser. The browser frame is only a single pixel wide.
Tabs are located at the top of the browser and open a wider window for viewing websites. By default, there is no status bar.
Instead, Apple has placed a progress indicator that turns as your page loads. You can use the full History Search to search the site you are looking for with just a single keyword.
Innovative features like these ones show you how satisfying browsing on Safari can be. Safari also comes with a share button that allows you to share anything you come across on the web.
Safari has been recognized as the world’s fastest browser and it takes no time at all to load. Other features include:
- Privacy and Security – Safari is the only browser with the DuckDuckGo feature, a search engine with no built-in option to track you
- Faster than Chrome and Firefox – No other browser beats Safari in this department; it’s the fastest browser on the planet
- Protection from harmful sites – Safari protects you from those fraudulent sites and others that harbor malware. It prevents these sites from loading and gives a warning if a site looks suspicious
- Pin sites – You can easily access your favorite sites like Facebook, Twitter, Webmail, etc. by pinning them. They will stay active in the background
- AirPlay-enabled – AirPlay allows you to play Video from a web page to your TV. Just click the AirPlay icon on compatible videos and watch them on the big screen
- Mute Tab – You can instantly mute audio without struggling to find the tab from which it’s coming from
2. Safari vs. Firefox vs. Chrome browser performance
With a minimalistic layout and a clutter-free interface, Safari Browser runs smoothly on your Windows 10 PC and according to Apple, it outperforms other browsers in terms of speed and performance.
See the test results below:
As you can see from the tests made on different platforms, Safari is one of the fastest browsers you can use on your computer. Moreover, speed is only one of Safari’s advantages.
3. Install the Safari browser on Windows 10
- Download Safari version 5.1.7.
- After you download Safari for Windows 10 go to the download folder and double-click the install file.
- Click the Run button to start the installation.
- Select the Next button on the Safari installer. It is possible to see the UAC (User Access Control) windows, if so, press the Yes button.
- Accept the software agreement to continue with the installation, then click Next.
- Select only the options you need and click Next.
- Click on the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
- Here you have it, Safari for Windows 10.
Installation takes only a few moments with no additional steps than the ones above. You can now enjoy using Safari with all of its features, on your Windows 10 computer.
Keep in mind that Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 is the latest version made for Windows. Thus, you can’t find the installer on the official Apple website.
Was this article helpful? Feel free to share your opinion with us in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, even if Apple does no longer offers support for it, you can follow our step-by-step guide on how to download and install Safari on Windows 10.
This error message usually occurs when there’s a problem with the certificate of the site you’re trying to access. Check our quick solutions on how to bypass the notification and access the website you want.
There are multiple VPN options you can install. Take a look at our list including the best VPNs for Safari and choose the one you like.