- Safari is still preferred by many Windows users since it outperforms other browsers in terms of performance.
- Assuming that's your opinion as well, simply refer to the lines below in order to download it.
- After you install the browser, find out more about what Safari really brings to the table.
- We have a plethora of similar articles in our Web Browsers Hub, so feel free to check them out.
Developed by Apple Inc, Safari is a high-performance and an easy to use web browser.
Just as Internet Explorer is the default browser on Windows 10, Safari is the default browser for Max OS X and is available for Windows users as well.
Due to the ever-growing tech-fueled environment, the demand for easy-to-use web browsers has been on the rise.
From banking to commerce, to shopping online, users from all across the world are looking for secure and easy to use browsers for different purposes.
This browser has been optimized for usability, offering unique functions and tools that give it a competitive edge over other browsers in the market.
Building upon Apple’s reputation, the Safari browser has managed to impress users with its unique features and simple design.
Features of Safari Browser
Safari browser is designed to enhance the browsing, not the browser. The browser frame is only a single pixel wide.
Tabs are located at the top of the browser and open a wider window for viewing websites. By default, there is no status bar.
Instead, Apple has placed a progress indicator that turns as your page loads. You can use the full History Search to search the site you are looking for with just a single keyword.
Safari has been recognized as the world’s fastest browser and it takes no time at all to load. Other features include:
- Privacy and Security – Safari is the only browser with the DuckDuckGo feature, a search engine with no built-in option to track you.
- Faster than Chrome and Firefox – No other browser beats Safari in this department; it’s the fastest browser on the planet.
- Protection from harmful sites – Safari protects you from those fraudulent sites and others that harbor malware. It prevents these sites from loading and gives a warning if a site looks suspicious.
- Pin sites – You can easily access your favorite sites like Facebook, Twitter, Webmail, etc. by pinning them. They will stay active in the background.
- AirPlay-enabled – AirPlay allows you to play Video from a web page to your TV. Just click the AirPlay icon on compatible videos and watch them on the big screen.
- Mute Tab – You can instantly mute audio without struggling to find the tab from which it’s coming from.
Innovative features like these ones show you how satisfying browsing on Safari can be. Safari also comes with a share button that allows you to share anything you come across on the web.
Safari vs. Firefox vs. Chrome browser performance
With a minimalistic layout and a clutter-free interface, Safari Browser runs smoothly on your Windows 10 PC and according to Apple, it outperforms other browsers in terms of speed and performance.
See the test results below.
How can I install the Safari Browser on Windows 10?
- Head to Apple’s official website. Here you will also find other productive add-ons to install from the Safari extensions gallery.
- Choose the latest version and click on Download. The process is simple and straightforward.
- After you download Safari for Windows 10 using compressed file, extract the contents of the zipped installation file into a target folder, for example under C:\Safari folder.
- After extraction of the zipped files is completed, double-click on Safari.exe to launch Safari Browser on your Windows 10. You can now enjoy fast and secure browsing on your new browser.
Note: Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 is the latest version made for Windows.
Was this article helpful? Feel free to share your opinion with us in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.