Fix: Unable to Play Dragon Nest in Windows 10
Dragon Nest is a popular free to play Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, and just like with any MMORPG it requires that you invest a lot of time into it. Unfortunately, users have reported that they can’t run Dragon Nest on Windows 10, and today we’ll try to solve that.
What to do if you’re unable to play Dragon Nest in Windows 10
Users report that Dragon Nest used to run smoothly on previous versions of Windows, but after the update to Windows 10 game simply won’t start. This is quite unusual so let’s see if we can fix that somehow.
Solution 1 – Try running the game as administrator
This is pretty straightforward and simple solution, it might not work for you, but it’s still worth trying.
- Locate Dragon Nest shortcut.
- Right click it and choose Run as administrator from the menu.
Solution 2 – Change folder permissions
- Locate your Dragon Nest installation folder and right click it.
- Select Properties from the menu and go to Security tab.
- Click the Advanced button at the bottom.
- You should see the owner’s name at the top of the window.
- Click Change link next to the owner’s name.
- If you get UAC prompt, just click Yes.
- In Select User or Group window click on Advanced.
- Next click Find Now and select your user name in the list below.
- Click OK to select it, and click OK in Select User or Group window.
- Check the Replace owner of subcontainers and objects box.
- Click OK to perform the changes.
- If you get Windows Security asking for your confirmation just click Yes to confirm.
Solution 3 – Run Dragon Nest in compatibility mode
- Locate Dragon Nest shortcut and right click it.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose some of the older versions of Windows.
- Click Apply and OK to save your settings.
Solution 4 – Reinstall the game and apply all the patches
If nothing else works you could try to reinstall the game completely and apply all the latest patches. If this doesn’t help, you might want to contact the game developers for more information about this issue.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]