How to Uninstall Programs and Apps in Windows 10
How do I uninstall a program on Windows 10?
Method 1: Use Programs and Features
Programs and Features is Windows built-in tool for managing programs and features of your operating system. This tool is probably the best for removing unwanted programs with just a couple of clicks.
Here’s what you need to do in order to uninstall desired program with Programs and Features tool:
- Go to search and type control panel
- Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features
- Find the program you want to uninstall, right-click on it and go to Uninstall
That’s all, very simple. You can also use this tool for adding or removing certain features of Windows 10 (like Internet Explorer or .NET Framework, for example), just go to Turn Windows features on or off, and choose which features you want to add or remove.
Method 2: Use Third-party Software
If you don’t want to use Programs and Features to uninstall your programs, you can always use some third-party software.
If you want to uninstall a program with CCleaner, open it, go to Tools, Uninstall, select a program you want to uninstall, and click on Uninstall.
Method 3: Uninstall programs from Start
You can also remove programs and software straight from the Start menu. All you need to do is right-click on the respective program and then simply select uninstall.
Here’s a screenshot to help you in the process.
How do I completely remove apps from my computer?
Method 1: Use the Start Menu
Removing Start Menu Apps is even simpler than uninstalling programs. All you need to do is to go to Start Menu, right click on the app you want to remove and click on Uninstall.
Method 2: Use Command Prompt
If you want to remove all apps at once, you need to enter one command in the Command Prompt. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Go to Search and type cmd
- Open Command Prompt, enter the following command line, and press Enter:
- powershell “Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage”
Method 3: Delete apps from the Settings page
You can also uninstall your Windows 10 apps from the Settings page.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features
- Use the search box to find the app that you want to delete
- Select it > Uninstall it.
Now all Windows 10 Apps will be removed from your Start Menu.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to uninstall Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Fix: Windows 10 can’t uninstall Apple Software Update
- Full Fix: “You Do Not Have Sufficient Access to Uninstall a Program”
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.