- If you are reading this, then you’re most probably looking for ways to uninstall programs that cannot be uninstalled.
- You may use Programs and Features in that regard or a reliable third-party software tool.
- For similar solutions when dealing with stubborn programs, just visit our Uninstall section.
- You can also bookmark this Tech Tutorials Hub to make the best use of your day to day technology.
You should check your computer for unnecessary programs every once in a while, and delete them to free up some disk space. There are many ways to delete programs and apps in Windows 10.
In this article, we’re going to show you the most used and the most reliable ones, including using uninstaller tools.
How to uninstall a program on Windows 10 that won’t uninstall?
1. Use third-party software
If you don’t want to waste your time using Programs and Features to uninstall your programs, you can always use some third-party software.
There are tons of software tools for uninstalling programs in Windows, but we strongly recommend Revo Uninstaller this time.
If you want to uninstall a program with Revo Uninstaller, open it, go to Tools > Uninstall, select the program you want to get rid of, and click on Uninstall.
You can also use the built-in uninstaller, then press the Next button to continue the process with Revo Uninstaller. Rest assured that no leftovers will clutter your hard drive in this case.
Revo UninstallerIf you need to uninstall programs that cannot be uninstalled, Revo Uninstaller can easily take care of that for you.
2. Use Programs and Features
- Go to search and type control panel.
- Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Find the program you want to uninstall, right-click on it and go to Uninstall.
Programs and Features is a Windows built-in tool for managing programs and features of your operating system. This tool is probably the best for removing unwanted programs with just a couple of clicks.
Here’s what you need to do in order to uninstall the desired program with the Programs and Features tool.
That’s all, very simple. You can also use this tool for adding or removing certain features of Windows 10 (like Internet Explorer or .NET Framework, for example).
Just go to Turn Windows features on or off, and choose which features you want to add or remove.
3. Uninstall programs from Start
You can also remove programs and software from the Start menu. All you need to do is right-click on the respective program and then simply select uninstall.
Here’s a screenshot to help you in the process.
How do I completely remove apps from my computer?
1. Use the Start Menu
Removing Start Menu Apps is even simpler than uninstalling programs. All you need to do is to go to Start Menu, right-click on the app you want to remove, and click on Uninstall.
2. Use Command Prompt
- Go to Search and type cmd.
- Open Command Prompt, enter the following command line, and press Enter:
- powershell Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
If you want to remove all apps at once, you need to enter one command in the Command Prompt, as described above.
3. Delete apps from the Settings page
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
- Use the search box to find the app that you want to delete.
- Select it > Uninstall it.
You can also uninstall your Windows 10 apps from the Settings page. Now all Windows 10 apps will be removed from your Start Menu.
What do you think of the above procedures? They may be applied when for Windows 10 preinstalled programs that can be uninstalled, so let us know your opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your wish is to uninstall a program on Windows 10 that won’t uninstall, Revo Uninstaller is clearly up for the task.
When dealing with stubborn programs, IObit Uninstaller Pro and Ashampoo UnInstaller are just two of the best uninstaller tools you may use.
Chances are you don’t know that you can remove programs straight from the Start menu. Other quick tips are found in this guide on how to uninstall programs that cannot be uninstalled.