Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The best driver updater can resolve several systems and driver-related issues by keeping all of your drivers up to date.
- Instead of manually updating each driver individually, you can make use of a dedicated tool.
- We suggest going for a driver update software that packs tons of drivers in its database and also has an easy-to-use interface.
Keeping the drivers updated on your PC helps you tackle petty driver-related problems, as well as help fix the bugs and glitches you might be experiencing using them.
Latest updates bring not only new features but also fix specific issues that would cause issues in the communication between the hardware and your PC.
While drivers can be updated from the Device Manager, you can also take the help of some dedicated tools that will help you update drivers in just a few clicks. This guide will give you a list of driver updaters for Windows 8.1.
Why should I use a dedicated driver updater for my PC?
Check out some advantages you gain when using a driver updater for your Windows 8.1 PC or any Windows OS PC.
- Automatic scan: The software scans for outdated drivers automatically or begins watching with just a single click, negating the need to check for updates manually.
- Ensures optimal performance: The basic need to update the drivers is to keep your system performing well on all fronts, which is what these dedicated driver updaters do for Windows 8.1 PCs.
- Install from official sources: A driver updater will install the update for your driver from official sources, ensuring no virus or malware enters your system.
- Create driver backups: Most third-party driver updater for Windows 8.1 come with a driver backup feature that could help you go back to the state when everything was working, usually in case things go south.
What are some of the best driver updater for Windows 8.1?
Outbyte Driver Updater – The best of the lot
Outbyte Driver Updater is recommended and one of the best driver updaters for your Windows 8.1 PC.
You can use it to install the latest drivers, fix corrupt or missing drivers, create a backup of drivers before making the changes, and more.
It has a massive database of drivers and can update any driver software you might be looking for. The scanning speed is lightning fast and begins as soon as you launch the tool.
The user interface is easy-to-understand and can also be used to update drivers in bulk.
Here are some of the best features of Outbyte Driver Updater:
- Database of over 18 million driver files.
- Lightning-fast driver scan.
- Creates backup before updating drivers.
- Fix corrupt driver problems.
- Easy to use.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterTrustworthy software that fixes any corrupt-driver problems and locates the newest updates.
IObit Driver Booster – Offers schedule manager
Another popular driver updater that supports Windows 8.1 is IObit Driver Booster. It has a database of over 6 million drivers from over a thousand brands, making it the best tool to update any driver.
It runs automatically in the background and scans your PC for driver updates. Driver Booster won’t affect the performance of your PC, as it uses minimal resources.
When there is a new update, Driver Booster will compare the old driver to the new driver, allowing you to make better choices. In addition, it creates a restore point before updating drivers and comes with a schedule manager.
Check out the highlights of IObit Driver Booster:
- Supports driver rollback.
- Creates restore point before the update.
- Schedule manager to scan drivers.
- Database of over 6 million drivers.
IObit Driver BoosterA popular driver updater software that can schedule scans for your drivers and update with minimal resources.
Driver Easy – Schedule driver scans
Driver Easy is another great option for your driver-related needs. With the pro version, the tool can update the drivers on your PC automatically.
It has a large driver database, meaning it can update almost any driver on your PC. Driver Easy downloads drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website, negating the need to visit the manufacturer’s website to manually update the drivers.
A simple click will start the driver scan and another click can update all the outdated drivers. It also comes with a scheduled scan option that will perform driver scans daily, weekly, or monthly.
Here are some of the best features of Driver Easy:
- Gives detailed driver information.
- Offline driver scan.
- Schedule driver scan.
- Huge driver database.
Driver EasyGreat program with a huge driver database that offers you detailed driver information.
DriverMax – Creates a driver restore point
DriverMax is easy to use driver updater available for Windows 8.1. Apart from the usual scanning and updating of drivers, it creates a backup of all drivers in case the update fails and things don’t work.
There is one good feature that lets you snooze updates. Notably, this is helpful when the latest update is buggy and you want to stick to the older version. Enabling this won’t trigger notifications to install the updates.
You can also create a schedule for auto-scanning, which will do its task in the background and ping you up if there is a new driver update available.
Here are some of the highlights of DriverMax:
- Ability to snooze update notifications.
- Schedule automatic scans.
- Creates restore point before driver update.
- Easy to use driver updater.
Snappy Driver Installer – Free without any limitations
If you want a no-nonsense driver updater for your Windows 8.1 PC and it should be free as well, then you should definitely check out the Snappy Driver Installer.
The user interface requires a bit of a learning curve, you can get away with the task of updating the driver on your PC pretty quickly.
You can install downloaded updates without an internet connection, it does not come with ads despite being free for life.
Here are some of the best features of Snappy Driver Installer:
- It is available for free.
- Available as a portable driver updater.
- Works with all Windows versions.
- Supports multiple languages.
That is it from us in this guide. You can also check out our guide which lists some of the best updaters that are available for free.
Let us know in the comments below which one of the above driver updaters you opted for and if that helped you with your task or not.