- If you have lots of files you need a proper file manager and a dual-pane one can be a perfect choice.
- In this article, we’re going to show you several great dual-pane file managers for Windows 10.
- Check our File Management section if you want more information about this type of software.
- Explore our Software Hub for a myriad of other useful tools to boost your efficiency.
Another great file manager that we have to mention is the Free Commander. The application allows you to choose between dual-pane or single-pane view and there’s also support for tabs.
In addition, you can also show a folder tree for each pane and use it to navigate to the desired directory with ease.
The application also has a built-in file viewer so you can easily view images or any other file in hex, binary, or text format.
We have to mention that Free Commander works with ZIP archives, and you can easily view files and images inside an archive. If you want to work with other types of archives, you can do that via various plug-ins.
The application offers a powerful search engine, and you can use it to search through folders and archives alike.
Other Free Commander features:
- Create and verify MD5 checksums
- Folder comparison and synchronization
- Built-in DOS command line
- Folder splitting
- Visually appealing user interface
If you’re looking for a free file manager, we have to recommend FileVoyager. This is a dual-pane file manager with a tabbed interface so you can easily open multiple directories.
The application allows you to browse disks, folders, and archives, and there’s also an FTP feature available. All standard file management options are available and you can access them with a single click.
The application can work with various file archives, but it can also play both audio and video files. We have to mention that FileVoyager requires codecs to do that, so be sure to install them.
As for additional features, the application allows you to compare files and folders, and there’s also a folder synchronization feature.
Here are a few other mentionable features of FileVoyager:
- Each pane can be turned into a preview pane
- Preview audio, video, images, and ebooks
- Ribbon toolbar and breadcrumbs navigation
- Syntax highlighting
- File viewer in text, binary, or hex formats
If you’re looking for a file manager that offers more features than File Explorer, we suggest that you try any of the tools from our list. Many file managers on our list are completely free, so feel free to try them.