- The Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer issue will prevent you from playing the game, but there's a way to fix it.
- Using a specialized and reliable software that will ensure the drivers are updated is the quickest way to fix this issue.
- Changing the resolution, as indicated in this article, will help you fix this issue permanently.
- If there's no mouse on main menu in Dungeon Siege 2 for steam, try running the game in windowed mode.
Dungeon Siege is one of the best games that combines the elements of role-playing with high intensity and over-the-top action.
Some users complain that when playing Dungeon Siege 2 there is no mouse cursor in Windows 10 and also no error message that could indicate what should be done next in order to solve the issue,
In this article we will show you the exact steps you need to make in order to completely fix the Dungeon Siege problem in Windows 10 where there is no mouse pointer, so make sure to keep on reading.
Why is my mouse lagging in-game?
When compared to console gaming, playing on a PC has a number of distinct advantages, but it also puts you at the whim of a slew of potential technological issues. This includes a mouse that moves too slowly or with too much jerkiness, which can entirely impair your ability to play a game.
Gamers reported their Dungeon Siege 2 mouse lag hindered them from playing altogether and asked us what to do about it and why it happens.
A common cause of a stuttering mouse is that your machine is having difficulty keeping up with the demands of the game.
Any number of computer components, such as your processor, graphics card, or memory, could put you at a competitive disadvantage, thus we recommend that you check the game’s system requirements first and make sure that you meet at least the minimum specs.
How can I fix Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer?
1. Use a specialized software
Most of the time, the situations where the mouse is not working properly have a lot to do, or even more, are caused by faulty or outdated drivers.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Change the resolution
- Locate the game in your Steam library and right-click on it.
- Next, select Properties.
- Navigate to Browse Local Files.
- Open Dungeon Siege Video Conf and set it to the highest resolution.
- Next, run the Dungeon Siege.exe from inside this folder.
- Try to open the game again and see if the problem is solved.
If this solution fixes the Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse on Steam issue for you, keep in mind that you need to run the game every time from the installation directory.
Alternatively, you can create a shortcut of the .exe file and put it on your Desktop for quick access.
3. Change the compatibility mode
- Open Program files and go to the Steam folder.
- Next, open the steamapps folder and select the Common folder.
- In the Dungeon Siege 2 folder locate the DungeonSiege2.exe.
- Right-click the .exe file and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode. Select the desired version of Windows.
You might have to experience with different settings until you manage to find the compatibility mode that works for you.
Hopefully this solution should help you with if there’s no mouse on main menu in Dungeon Siege 2 for Steam.
4. Change launch options
- Open Steam Library.
- Locate Dungeon Siege 2, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Select Set launch options.
- Now enter the following and save changes:
fullscreen=false width=1920 height=1080
By following these steps, you’ll force the game to run in windowed mode at a specific resolution. Keep in mind that you can use any other resolution that matches your display.
After making this change, check if there’s still no mouse in Dungeon Siege 2 on Steam.
5. Try playing the game from GOG
If you have tried all the indicated steps up to this point and there is still no mouse in Dungeon Siege 2, then we would recommend you use another platform.
Try playing the game from GOG and see if you are still facing the same problem or not. The game should play perfectly on GOG so make sure to give it a try.
For further information and potential solutions to this error, check out how to get Dungeon Siege 2 to work on Windows 10.
We hope that one of the presented solutions in this article helped you fix the Dungeon Siege 2 Steam no mouse on main menu.
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions, we would love to hear them.