- The Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer issue will prevent you from playing the game, but there's a way to fix it.
- Using a specialized and reliable software that will ensure the drivers are updated is the quickest way to fix this issue.
- Changing the resolution, as indicated in this article, will help you fix this issue permanently.
- If there's no mouse on main menu in Dungeon Siege 2 for steam, try running the game in windowed mode.
Dungeon Siege is one of the best games that combines the elements of role-playing with high intensity and over-the-top action.
Some users complain that when playing Dungeon Siege 2 there is no mouse cursor in Windows 10 and also no error message that could indicate what should be done next in order to solve the issue,
In this article we will show you the exact steps you need to make in order to completely fix the Dungeon Siege problem in Windows 10 where there is no mouse pointer, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse pointer?
1. Use a specialized software
Most of the time, the situations where the mouse is not working properly have a lot to do, or even more, are caused by faulty or outdated drivers.
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
DriverFixDrivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
2. Change the resolution
- Locate the game in your Steam library and right-click on it.
- Next, select Properties.
- Navigate to Browse Local Files.
- Open Dungeon Siege Video Conf and set it to the highest resolution.
- Next, run the Dungeon Siege.exe from inside this folder.
- Try to open the game again and see if the problem is solved.
If this solution fixes the Dungeon Siege 2 no mouse on Steam issue for you, keep in mind that you need to run the game every time from the installation directory.
Alternatively, you can create a shortcut of the .exe file and put it on your Desktop for quick access.
3. Change the compatibility mode
- Open Program files and go to the Steam folder.
- Next, open the steamapps folder and select the Common folder.
- In the Dungeon Siege 2 folder locate the DungeonSiege2.exe.
- Right-click the .exe file and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode. Select the desired version of Windows.
You might have to experience with different settings until you manage to find the compatibility mode that works for you.
Hopefully this solution should help you with if there’s no mouse on main menu in Dungeon Siege 2 for Steam.
4. Change launch options
- Open Steam Library.
- Locate Dungeon Siege 2, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Select Set launch options.
- Now enter the following and save changes:
fullscreen=false width=1920 height=1080
By following these steps, you’ll force the game to run in windowed mode at a specific resolution. Keep in mind that you can use any other resolution that matches your display.
After making this change, check if there’s still no mouse in Dungeon Siege 2 on Steam.
5. Try playing the game from GOG
If you have tried all the indicated steps up to this point and there is still no mouse in Dungeon Siege 2, then we would recommend you use another platform.
Try playing the game from GOG and see if you are still facing the same problem or not. The game should play perfectly on GOG so make sure to give it a try.
- An excellent collection
- Breathtaking game environments
- Immersive story
- Sharp graphics
- Camera issues
We hope that one of the presented solutions in this article helped you fix the Dungeon Siege 2 Steam no mouse on main menu.
Please let us know in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions, we would love to hear them.