- Sometimes you might receive an email warning you that some of the content is blocked because the address is not in the Safe Sender List.
- Don't worry, you can easily configure this list from your email Settings menu of most email clients, and in this article you'll see how.
- If you care to read more on this topic, check out our full Email section, for more useful articles.
- Also, go to our How-To Hub to find tutorials for every tech-related detail you'd want to know.
If most of your office work evolves around your email, organizing your messages is crucial. With no filters applied, not only will you get a lot of unwanted messages, but you can also miss some important information.
By default, email filtering is applied by any email client, according to certain anti-spam protocols, to protect the end-user.
Consequently, users can sometimes receive emails with the following warning:
Some content in this message has been blocked because the sender isn’t in your safe-senders list or Attachment pictures and links in this message have been blocked because the sender isn’t in your safe-senders list.
If you trust the sender, to view the full content of the message, you just have to whitelist their email address.
How do I configure the Safe Senders List in your email?
- On the Home > Delete > Junk > Junk E-mail Options.
- On the Safe Senders tab > check the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List box.
- Or, you add emails one by one, by selecting them/domain name > Add > OK.
- Open the Settings menu (in the right upper corner).
- Go to the Filter and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Select the email address or addresses that you want to unblock.
- Similarly, you can create a filter for safe domains or addresses using the Create a filter option, and send them to your Inbox.
- From the drop-down menu next to your name (upper right-hand corner) select Settings.
- Go to Filter > Add new filter > in the To/CC box put the email address that you want to unblock.
- Leave the Inbox as the default folder where you want messages to be sent.
We’ve looked at a few ways to filter your emails and stay more productive in your day-to-day activity. If you have any comments, please use the dedicated section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Safe Senders List, or the White List, is a list of email addresses that are allowed to send you emails and that go directly into your Inbox. Email addresses that you add to your address book are considered safe and will not be re-routed to the junk email folder.
You have to add the email address/domain you wish to add to your safe sender list in the Junk E-mail Options.