There are a few things that changed in Microsoft internet explorer versions over time and one of which is the email icon you knew that was in the Command bar of the application. But you will learn what happened to it and how you can enable the internet explorer email icon in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 in no time.
This email icon has been changed in internet explorer for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 to the Read mail icon and although this icon in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 has similar functionality it also has some additional features.But you will soon find out how you can find and use this icon to your liking.
Tutorial for enabling email (read mail) icon in internet explorer for Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Move the mouse over to the upper right side of the screen.
- When the Charms bar opens left click or tap on the “Search” icon you have there.
- In the search box you will need to write “Internet explorer”.
- Left click or tap on the Internet explorer icon that shows after the search is finished.
- Right click on the “Command bar” you have in the Windows Internet explorer.
- Move the mouse over to the “Customize” feature and left click or tap on the “Add or remove commands” option.
- Right under the topic “Available toolbar buttons” you should have the “Read email” option.
- Left click or tap on the “Read email” button and Left click or tap again on the “Add” button in that window.
- Left click on the “Close” button situated in the lower side of the screen.
- Now you should restart your internet explorer application in order for the changes to fully take effect.
- Open again the internet explorer app and see if you have the “Read email” button present on the command bar.
So now you have your email icon or read mail icon for the newer versions of internet explorer on your command bar and ready for use. You can enable or disable this icon whenever you wish only by following the tutorial above. Also if you have any issues while trying to do this tutorial please let us know by writing us in the comments section of this page.