Without JS, you will not experience the modern web world smoothly. So, this is an essential part.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Visit this web page from your web browser.
Alternatively, you can check the browser settings manually to understand the JS status.
1. Enable JS in Opera One
- Open Opera One browser.
- Press ALT + P on the keyboard to open its Settings.
- Click on the Privacy and security section and go to Site Settings.
If you’re not familiar with Opera One, you should know that it comes with a built-in ad blocker, so it won’t show you any ads. By disabling the ads and their scripts, your web pages will load faster.
Opera One also has tracking protection, the ability to detect malware, and for an extra layer of security, there’s a free VPN available with unlimited bandwidth. Plus, it offers it’s own built-in AI.
2. Enable in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type the following address in the address bar and press enter:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Type the following address in the address bar and hit enter:
- Now, set the option to True by toggling the switch next to it.
4. Enable JS in Microsoft Edge
- Open MS Edge.
- Go to the following location using the address bar:
- Open Safari on macOS.
- Press Command + , on the keyboard.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Open the Start Menu and search for Internet Options, and press enter to open it.
- Go to the Security tab and click on Custom Level.
- Under the Scripting section, enable Active scripting as shown in the screenshot.
- Click on OK.
This method is applicable for Internet Explorer in all Windows versions and the Edge IE mode on Windows 11 and 10.
It is also possible to develop a web app without JS. But, it will be challenging to use and almost impossible to benefit from such applications.