- Linux platform has some great applications, but one of the more popular ones is the Epiphany Browser.
- In today’s article we’ll take a look at Epiphany Browser and see what it has to offer.
- Epiphany Browser is available on Linux, and if you want to learn more about Linux, head over to our Linux Hub.
- There are all sorts of browsers available, and to keep up with the latest news and guides, visit our Browsers section.
Epiphany Browser, also known as GNOME Web is a Linux web browser. The browser has achieved massive popularity on the Linux platform over the years.
But what is Epiphany Browser, and what it can do? We’ll answer these questions in today’s article.
What is Epiphany browser and should I use it?
1. What is Epiphany Browser?
Epiphany Browser is an open-source browser based on WebKitGTK and developed by The GNOME Project. The browser is the default web browser on GNOME, Debian, elementary OS, and Bodhi Linux.
Epiphany Browser is also a part of GNOME Core Applications, so it’s fully integrated with GNOME settings and GNOME’s password manager.
As for the features, the browser has a built-in reader mode and support for mouse gestures and smart bookmarks.
In addition, Epiphany Browser has a built-in ad blocker and support for Google’s Safe Browsing.
In 2012, the browser changed its name from Epiphany to GNOME, but the Epiphany name is still used by developers.
2. Should I use Epiphany Browser?
Epiphany is a lightweight and reliable browser, but it lacks certain features. Opera is also lightweight, and it can handle web pages and multiple tabs with ease.
In addition, Opera has its own ad blocker, so you won’t have to deal with ads anymore. To speed up your browsing experience, Opera has its own tracking protection that blocks tracking scripts and cookies.
VPN is also available, and it offers unlimited bandwidth for free as an extra layer of security. The browser is built on the Chromium engine, so it can work with Chrome extensions with ease.
Opera is available on all desktop and mobile platforms, Linux included, so if you haven’t tried it, this is the perfect moment to do so.
Epiphany Browser offers great features, and it’s overall a great browser. However, if you’re looking for a multi-platform browser, then Opera might be a better choice for you.
FAQ: Learn more about web browsers
- What are 5 examples of browsers?
Opera, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari are just a couple of examples of popular web browsers.
- Does Google spy on us?
Google Chrome sends some of your data to Google, and many users feel like this a beach of their privacy.
- What is the difference between Chrome and Google?
Google is a search engine company. Chrome is a web browser created by Google.
- Does Firefox track you like Chrome?
Firefox doesn’t track you, and in fact, it has an Enhanced Tracking Protection that ensures that other websites don’t track you.