Google Chrome is a great browser, but just like any other application, it has its problems. One problem with Chrome that Windows 10 users reported is err_internet_disconnected and today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
How to fix err_internet_disconnected error?
Err_internet_disconnected error can prevent you visiting websites in your browser, and speaking of this error, here are some related issues that users reported:
- Err_internet_disconnected Chrome, Firefox – This problem can appear on almost any browser. Even though our solutions are meant for Chrome, the similar methods should also work in Firefox.
- Err_internet_disconnected Windows 10, 7 – This issue can affect other versions of Windows, and even if you don’t use Windows 10, you should be able to apply most of our solutions.
- Err_internet_disconnected Lenovo, laptop – Sometimes this problem can appear on your laptop, and if that happens, be sure to check your drivers and wireless network configuration.
Solution 1 – Check if your Internet connection is working
Before we start fixing this problem you need to check if your Internet connection is working. To do that, try accessing the Internet from a different PC on your network. If you don’t have another PC, you can use any other device such as your smartphone or tablet. If the problem appears on all devices, there might be a problem with a network cable, so be sure to check if everything is connected properly. If the issue appears only on your PC, it means your router is working properly and that the problem is caused by your PC’s network settings.
You can also fix this problem by restarting your modem/router. Simply press the Power button on your router to turn it off and wait for 30 seconds. Now press the Power button again and wait for the router to boot completely. After your router boots, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 2 – Change Internet Options
Sometimes Err_internet_disconnected error can be caused by your proxy. Although proxy is a great way to protect your privacy online, sometimes it can interfere with your system and cause this and other errors to appear.
To disable proxy in Windows 10, you just need to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- When Settings app opens, navigate to Network & Internet section.
- Select Proxy from the menu on the left. In the right pane disable all options.
After you disable your proxy, check if the problem is still there. If you’re still concerned about your privacy, one good way to protect it is to use a VPN. If you’re looking for a reliable VPN, we strongly recommend that you consider CyberGhost VPN.
Solution 3 – Disable / remove your antivirus / firewall
Antivirus and firewall tools can interfere with your Internet connection, and if you’re getting err_internet_disconnected error, you might want to temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall. If disabling antivirus and firewall doesn’t fix the problem, try uninstalling them. If the problem is fixed after removing the third-party antivirus or firewall software, you can reinstall it again, or switch to a different antivirus tool.
There are many great antivirus tools available, and if you’re looking for an antivirus that won’t interfere with your system while providing maximum security, you should definitely consider Bitdefender.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Chrome doesn’t sync on Windows 10
Solution 4 – Reinstall your network adapter
Sometimes these problems can occur if your network adapter drivers aren’t fully compatible with your operating system, or if they are improperly installed. To fix this issue, users are recommending to reinstall your drivers. This is a simple process, and in order to do it, you need to follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Device Manager from the menu.
- When Device Manager opens, locate your network adapter, right click it and choose Uninstall device.
- If available, check Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall.
After you delete the driver, restart your PC. When your PC restarts, the default driver should be installed. If the default driver works well, and if the issue is resolved, you can continue using it. If the driver doesn’t work, you might have to go and download the latest version.
If you want to automatically update the missing drivers, you can do that using the TweakBit Driver Updater software.
Solution 5 – Clear browsing data and cache
Few users reported that cleaning the browsing data and cache can fix this problem on Google Chrome, so you might want to try it. To clear cache on Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu icon in the top right corner. Choose Settings from the menu.
- When the Settings tab opens, scroll all the way down and click Advanced.
- Now click Clear browsing data.
- Set Time range to All time and click Clear data.
After clearing the cache, restart Chrome and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 6 – Change the name and password of your wireless network
To fix err_internet_disconnected error, some users are suggesting to change the name and password of your wireless network. To do that, simply connect to your router, go to the Wireless section and change the necessary data. You can also try disabling and enabling the wireless connection right from your router.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page.