Windows Update error 0x80240034 [BEST SOLUTIONS]
Did you experience Windows 10 error 0x80240034 on your PC? Today, Windows Report will be showing you how to get rid of this problem.
Several Windows 10 users who experience the error 0x80240034 problem reported that their Windows Update gets stuck at 1% and it fails entirely. Besides that, you can see the Windows 10 error 0x80240034 when you view the update history which indicates that the update has failed.
Nevertheless, we have come up with effective solutions which can be applied to fix the Windows 10 error 0x80240034 once and for all.
How to fix Windows Update 0x80240034 error? The first thing that you can do is to check for Windows Update glitches by running the Windows Update troubleshooter. If that doesn’t help, you might want to try restarting Windows Update components or downloading the update manually from Windows Update Catalog.
How can I fix error 0x80240034 on Windows 10?
- Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Run SFC
- Run DISM
- Download the update manually
- Reset Windows Updates Components
- Run a full system scan
1. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a built-in tool available on all Windows 10 computers to fix any error related to Windows Update most especially Windows 10 error 0x80240034.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
- Head over to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Find Windows Update, and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow further on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer.
2. Run SFC
Windows 10 error 0x80240034 can occur if your system files are damaged. Hence, you can use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to resolve the issue.
Here’s how to run SFC scan:
- Press Windows+Q and type cmd.
- From the search results, right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- A new cmd window appears. Type sfc /scannow and then hit the Enter key.
- Wait until scan and repair process is finished.
3. Run DISM
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool, on the other hand, can be used to fix corrupt system files that SFC tool cannot resolve.
Here’s how to run DISM in Windows 10:
- Press Windows key + X and run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following command on the command line:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- In case the DISM can’t obtain files online, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type following command:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:/Repair/Source/Windows /LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace C:/Repair/Source/Windows with the path of your DVD or USB.
Note: Please ensure that you replace the repair source path with your own.
4. Download the update manually
A primitive method that can fix the error 0x80240034 is to manually download and install the update related to the error. However, you need to obtain the update code of the awkward update before you proceed.
Basically, all Windows update code starts with KB, followed by an array of numbers. After identifying the update code, you can then proceed to download and install the update manually.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the search box, type the update code in the search box and then hit the Enter key.
- From the list of matching updates, locate the update that uses the same architecture as your system.
- Click the Download button next to the update to download it.
- Once you download the update, run the setup file and follow the instructions.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
5. Reset Windows Updates Components
Resetting Windows Updates components is an advanced workaround that can effectively fix the Windows 10 error 0x80240034 problem.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open Win + X menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. You can do that by pressing the Windows Key + X shortcut.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, type the following commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- rmdir %windir%SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Hit the Enter key afterward and then check to see if the problem is resolved.
In addition, you can create a reset script using the steps outlined in our WUReset script guide.
6. Run a full system scan
Sometimes a malware infection can cause 0x80240034 Windows update error. To fix the problem, we advise you to perform a full system scan with your antivirus. In case you don’t have a reliable antivirus, we strongly recommend to try out Bitdefender. This antivirus is fast, reliable and it won’t interfere with your system in any way.
Windows Update error 0x80240034 can be problematic, but we hope that you managed to fix it using one of our solutions.
- Fix Windows 10 May Update error 0x800F0922 in 3 quick steps
- Windows Update Error 0x800f0982 on Windows 10 [TECHNICIAN FIX]
- Windows Sandbox error 0x80070002 after update [QUICK FIX]
There are many Gujarati speaking people who may look for a way to type in Gujarati on their systems. While Windows offers support for multiple […]
If your printer is making a grinding noise when the printer is turned on or when it is printing, it can be caused by a […]