- Windows Update reset script can come in handy when you encounter update issues.
- The script will automatically reset all services associated with Windows Update.
- Thanks to this script, the entire process is automated and faster than manually restarting each service.
- Windows 10 update reset script is available for download, but you can also create your own in a matter of minutes.
Actually, updates are more important in Windows 10, than they were in any previous version of Windows.
But, a lot of users are facing various problems with Windows Update, which prevent them from receiving the latest features and improvements from Microsoft.
How can I use Windows Update reset script?
1. Download the script
There are a lot of workarounds for Windows Update problems, even we showed you a few, but all these workarounds require your effort, and none of them doesn’t get the job done by itself.
Well Microsoft knows that problems with Windows update are frequent, so its engineers showed us a simple script which solves a lot of problems with Windows Update.
This is a simple batch script which resets all Windows Update components, like SoftwareDistribution folder, BTS service, Cryptographic Services, etc.
All you need to do is to run the reset Windows Update script and everything will be automatically reset. It even works on older versions of Windows, so its use is not limited to Windows 10.
You can download Windows Update Reset Script from here. After you downloaded it, right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator. Let the process finish, and you can check for updates again.
Note: This script comes from the third-party source, and we’re not responsible for any potential damage that can occur after using it.
2. Create the script manually
- Open Notepad
- Paste the following text into Notepad:
echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update
attrib -h -r -s %windir%system32catroot2
attrib -h -r -s %windir%system32catroot2*.*
net stop wuauserv
net stop CryptSvc
net stop BITS
ren %windir%system32catroot2 catroot2.old
ren %windir%SoftwareDistribution sold.old
ren "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%application dataMicrosoftNetworkdownloader" downloader.old
net Start BITS
net start CryptSvc
net start wuauserv
echo Task completed successfully...
- Now just save the file as WUReset.bat
- To run the script, right click on it and go to Run as Administrator
There you have it, your own Windows 10 update reset script. I hope that, if you already have problems with Windows Update, this script will save you a lot of time and work.
But if even Windows Update Reset Script don’t solve the issue, you probably have some more serious problem, if that’s the case, you can tell us in the comments, and we’ll try to assist you further.