Fix: Error 0x80246019 prevents Insiders from getting the latest Windows 10 build
Every time Microsoft rolls out a new Windows 10 build, many users can’t install the update due to various error codes. The latest Windows 10 build is no exception to this rule, as users reported that the 0x80246019 error code prevented them from downloading and installing the build.
I tried to get the update to 14385 and got this ‘Error 0x80246019’.
I ran the troubleshooter and it went through hoops stopping and restarting a variety of things, then rebooted.
Now Windows update tells me I am up to date, but the feedback hub shows I still have 14383.
Any help from an engineer would be gratefully received.
Error 0x80246019 appears when the download failed because the user has no license to download the content.
As usual, Microsoft’s Support engineers are overwhelmed and haven’t been able to provide a solution for this problem. Fortunately, Insiders are resourceful people and they managed to find five workarounds to fix this issue.
- Solution 1 – unplug the webcam and printer
Also, delete the $WINDOWS.~BT folder, reboot your computer and try again to download build 14385.
- Solution 2 – change the Insider Program Settings in the Settings app
More specifically, select the “Stop receiving Insider Preview builds” option, and when the confirmation pop-up appears, select the “Cancel” button.
Make a new attempt at downloading build 14385, and ignore error 0x80246019 should it appear again.
- Solution 3 – disable real time security in Windows Defender
Apparently, a driver update for the video card that came with this build was detected as trojan and was blocked.
- Solution 4 – run the SFC /Scannow command
Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin). Once the Command Prompt opens, enter sfc /scannow and press Enter to run it.
- Solution 5 – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
We put this solution on the last place because the users who confirmed Solution 1 and 2 worked, also reported the Windows Update Troubleshooter didn’t help them at all.
We also recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
If you encountered error 0x80246019 when trying to download build 14385, and used one of the workarounds listed above or even your own fix, tell us which solution worked for you in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft will roll out Windows 10 Preview Builds even after the Anniversary Update is released
- Microsoft Stores to host Windows 10 Anniversary Update events for US Insiders starting June 27
- Users may be cozying up to Windows 10 after all, many planning to upgrade before Anniversary Update
- Windows phone users can upgrade to Windows 10 for free even after July 29
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]