PayPal 403 Forbidden Error: How to Fix it
Find out solutions that actually work
- Often, error 403 forbidden PayPal is encountered during refunds and can be solved by clearing the browser's caches and cookies.
- The error is mainly caused by incorrect server configuration or maybe your current IP address is blocked by PayPal.
- It can be resolved by contacting PayPal directly for assistance or running the software without a VPN.
If you have run into the dreaded error 403 forbidden PayPal while attempting to make a payment, then this article is for you.
Paypal is one of the most popular payment methods on international e-commerce sites. Its popularity has led to a surge in its use across all industries.
While this is great news for sellers, it also means that the site could experience some issues from time to time.
If you use PayPal as your primary payment processor, you’ve likely come across error 403 at some point. The real problem occurs after this as you notice that suddenly PayPal is not working on your browser.
The issue can be frustrating, especially if it prevents you from completing routine transactions. This article should help you know the key to resolving error 403 quickly and efficiently.
What does error 403 mean on PayPal?
When you see a PayPal error 403 forbidden guru meditation, it means that the web server has blocked you from accessing the page you were trying to view.
Three prompts usually appear when you get the 403 error:
- You don’t have the authorization to view this page. HTTP ERROR 403.
- The remote server returned an error (403) forbidden. PayPal.
- Access to PayPal Denied. You don’t have permission to access PayPal.com on this server.
The causes of error 403 forbidden are listed below:
- Your IP has blacklisted your PayPal: The error is related to your web server configuration. Your internet service provider is the culprit, specifically your IP address. It could be because your IP has blacklisted PayPal.
- You don’t have permission to access PayPal: The server configuration of PayPal nowadays has changed a lot. You may face the situation where they have set up specific access permissions to their system, and you haven’t been granted access to the resource.
- Problems with your IP: Your IP might not be working correctly and you need to contact your internet service provider to get it fixed.
If you are unable to make purchases using PayPal, the Opera browser comes with a built-in proxy VPN that can be useful for online safe transactions. It changes the location of your server, allowing you to use PayPal while using the VPN and forget about the problems your ISP is causing due to server nags.
It may be a temporary issue from your ISP, however, Opera VPN is a proven and effective solution if you are experiencing connectivity issues with PayPal.
How do you fix the error 403 Forbidden on PayPal?
1. Clear cookies and caches
- Open your browser and go to Settings.
- Next, select Privacy and Security.
- Click on Clear browsing data and check the box beside clear cookies and cache.
- Finally, click on Clear data.
When you get a varnish cache server error 403 PayPal, one possibility is that the page has been cached but swapped the link in the code. You can fix this by clearing your browser’s cookies and cache.
This won’t affect your browsing experience much, but the website might take a few more seconds to load. Overall this is one of the most effective workarounds that can help you fix the issue with ease.
2. Double-check the URL
- Open up your browser.
- Visit the PayPal website.
- Double-check that the URL doesn’t contain any special character in the end.
The most common reason for a Paypal error 43 forbidden is that people have mistyped the URL. Make sure you’re typing the URL correctly in the browser address bar and without any extra characters in the end, like a period or slash /.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Many servers are configured to block directory browsing due to security reasons, and this could be a significant reason you’re experiencing error 403 forbidden from PayPal.
3. Disconnect the VPN
- Press Windows + I key combination on your keyboard to open up the Settings app.
- In the right pane, select Network and Internet.
- Next, click on VPN.
- Select the VPN service you want to disconnect and finally click Delete to confirm the changes.
If you’re logged on to PayPal through a VPN and getting the error 403, we recommend that you check to see if there is a connection issue. If you suspect this is the case with you, disconnect the VPN and try accessing the page.
You can still get around this by using one of the many best VPN services for PayPal that don’t violate any rules. This is one of the best ways to get rid of the issue.
4. Contact your ISP
If you see the error 403 forbidden when trying to log in to your PayPal account, your internet service provider is likely to blame. To figure out where the problem lies, try connecting to a different router.
If the issue persists, it’s time to contact your ISP for further assistance.
In some cases, PayPal has been blacklisted by your public IP address provided to you by your internet service provider. If this is the case, communicate with your ISP and see if they can help fix the issue.
5. Contact PayPal
- Open up your browser.
- Visit the PayPal Customer Care page to resolve the issue.
- You can raise your concern by sending them a message, calling them, or asking a question in the community.
6. Try a different virtual card
You can also resort to a different online payment service. If the issue persists even after trying out these methods, creating a new account on a different platform can save you a lot of headaches.
A reliable alternative is Revolut. It’s a virtual card company that offers great service for free. Once you create an account, it generates a unique virtual bank card that you can use for online transactions.
It has both desktop and mobile applications which you can use to check your balance and manage your money. Revolut has some budgeting solutions, gives you reports on your spending, and is very secure.
The app supports easy transfers between Revolut users as well as other types of bank accounts. It supports over 30 world currencies, plus cryptocurrencies.
If you have NFC on your mobile device, you can use Revolut for POS payments as well. They can also send you a physical card if you want.
If the methods listed above don’t work for you, contacting PayPal Customer Care could be an option if you come across 403 forbidden errors.
You can try contacting them through forums, their official website, or social media. If you have unanswered messages on Twitter, try DMing them.
While PayPal is a very secure payment gateway and the most widely used among merchants, it is not immune to certain technical errors caused by user errors, server glitches, or configuration issues.
In such cases, users may find themselves unable to log in to their account or send money through the system.
Furthermore, You can go through our guide on the Steam PayPal purchase error for the most accurate resolutions.
We hope the methods listed in this guide have helped you resolve the problem. If you have any questions or queries, ask away in the comments section below.