- This error is the result of a network connection issue that prevents your PC from connecting to the game's servers.
- Before jumping into complex solutions, you should first confirm that Battlefield 2042's servers are not down.
- When the problem is caused by your Internet connection, restarting your router will be the most suitable solution.
Battlefield 2042 was released not long ago, and gamers are definitely raving about it. The game is available for players on PS 4, PS 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Microsoft Windows, among other platforms.
However, several players have already reported problems with this game. A common problem is a 2002g error code encountered when connecting to the game servers.
This article will explore all the best ways to resolve this issue on Battlefield 2042, and get back to your gaming sessions.
However, there are other similar games and any of the best first-person shooter games for PC might be worth the try.
Are the servers down for Battlefield 2042?
This has been a recurring question among players of the game. While we will dive into detailed solutions later in the article, it is good to note that the game has very good support and a great online following.
You will be able to confirm the status of the game online on their social media handles, or via the support input on the official website.
It’s also advised to check with other members of the community and see if they are experiencing the same problem.
When servers are down, you usually can only wait for them to be restored.
Why do I keep getting error codes on Battlefield 2042?
Error codes indicate that there has been a malfunction in software. The reasons will always depend on specific error codes.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
This 2002g error might be caused by network connection problems that prohibit your PC from connecting to Battlefield servers. In rare cases, your firewall may be responsible for obstructing the connection to the game servers, resulting in the error.
The error was also reported by certain players who had the Crossplay functionality activated in their game settings. Whichever is the case, this tutorial will assist you in resolving it using a variety of methods.
Let’s have a look at these fixes.
What should I do to fix a 2002g Battlefield 2042 code?
1. Confirm that the servers are not down
- Navigate to Battlefield 2042’s support page.
- Select your platform from the list of gaming platforms.
- Next, filter through the posts listed below to see if there are any mentions of a down server.
Another way of knowing if there are server problems is from the official Twitter handle. Here, you will typically get the latest news and updates surrounding the game.
We suggest that you verify whether Battlefield 2042’s servers are offline before trying other solutions. For example, you may encounter disconnection or login troubles on the servers due to the latest patch changes. In this case, you can only wait for the server to come back on.
2. Relaunch Battlefield 2042
One of the first things you must try is relaunching Battlefield 2042 to see if that resolves the issue because a brief glitch or fault might generate the error within the game.
In such situations, you may try closing and relaunching the game. First, make sure that the platform you’re using is completely shut off (Steam or Origins).
After doing that, start the game and check if the issue is still there. This is just a workaround, but sometimes even the simplest solutions can work, so feel free to try this one.
3. End the Battlefield 2042 task
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and check through the least of processes for any related to Battlefield 2042.
- Right-click on the Battlefield processes, and select End task.
Once you’ve completed these actions, restart the game to determine whether the 2002g error still exists. This solution will be only helpful on PCs.
4. Restart your router and internet connection
- Unplug your router from the source, wait for three minutes and replug it.
- Plugin your Ethernet cable, or click the Wi-Fi icon on your Taskbar for a wireless connection.
- In the pop-up window, click on the arrow beside your Wi-Fi icon.
- Click on your internet connection and click on the connect button.
Restarting the router can help resolve network connection issues that may be generating the error code. It will compel your router to establish a fresh, more efficient connection with the ISP servers.
Additionally, if you do not use a static IP, the router will give you an IP, which should help resolve the 2002g Battlefield 2042 error code.
5. Disable Crossplay in the game settings
- Launch the game.
- Click on the Options tab and the General tab, then scroll down and toggle off Cross-Play.
6. Launch the game on a different platform
If the server controlling your Battlefield 2042 platform is down, try launching it on PC or other platforms. This is a good solution as long as the other platforms are also not down.
This solution will also require that you own a console and a PC or two different kinds of consoles that run the game.
7. Allow Battlefield 2042 through your firewall
- On your Start menu, type Windows Defender and select the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- On the left pane, select the option to Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Change settings button.
- Scroll through the list of applications and check the option for Battlefield 2042/Origin and click OK at the bottom of the window.
8. Restart your PC or console
- Click on the Start menu, and click on the power button.
- Select Restart, then wait for your PC to turn off and come back on.
If this does not fix the 2002g Battlefield 2042 error code, you should try the final solution.
9. Launch the game through Origins
You may test whether the problem is repaired by running the game straight from Origins. Battlefield 2042 is available on a variety of platforms, including Steam.
However, to play the game, you must first install Origins. It runs automatically in the background once you launch Battlefield 2042 through any client.
A couple of the players impacted by this error have resolved the issue by running the game using Origins. You may want to try this.
What error codes may I get if I can’t connect to the server?
This article explores the single error, but that’s not the only one that you can get. Many users reported Battlefield 2024 error code1004G, 1300P, and 1302P when trying to connect to the server.
While it is the most common server-related error code, there are very similar errors that could be triggered when you can not reach the servers.
While all the fixes in this article may not apply, you must first double-check to see if the server is down before trying any other complex solutions.
There you have a roundup of our top recommended fixes. These have been potent solutions for many players.
If none of the solutions work, you’ll need to wait for an official patch to be provided. The game developers have already identified the issue, and they are working to resolve it.
Keep in mind that 2002g Battlefield 2042 error code can also appear PS5 and Xbox since it’s a server-side problem.
As a last check, remember that you will have fewer gaming errors if you use the best Windows 11 edition for gaming.