- Encountering an error message when playing your favorite PS4 games can be annoying.
- To start fixing this error, verify your account information and update it, then follow the next steps.
- Try to update your console firmware and test if you can log in with a different console.
The error has occurred PS4 sign-in message shows up when you sign in to your PSN account. This error occurs mostly on newly purchased consoles and PSN accounts you haven’t logged into before, but it can happen to anyone.
These complaints about the PS4 sign-in error flood PS4 and gaming forums, mostly with no resolution. So, we have analyzed it and discovered several excellent ways to fix it.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to tackle the sign-in problem on your PS4 permanently.
- Why does An error has occurred on sign in on PS4 appear?
- Can't connect to PlayStation Network?
- What can I do when the PS4 says an error has occurred?
- 1. Verify your PSN account
- 2. Update your information on the PSN
- Use the website
- Use your PS4
- 3. Update your console firmware
- 4. Register as a new user with a different email address
- Using the PS4
- Using the website
- 5. Login with another PS4 console
- 6. Change the Privacy Settings to No One
- What do you do when your PS4 keeps logging out?
Why does An error has occurred on sign in on PS4 appear?
This is an account issue, and it can appear for several reasons:
- Unverified account – Ensure your PlayStation Network is verified to avoid this issue.
- Incorrect account information – If your account information isn’t up to date, you may encounter this issue.
Can’t connect to PlayStation Network?
Even if you are positive that your Internet connection is up and you entered the correct password, you may still have difficulty with your network.
Here are some of the most common error messages that indicate an underlying issue with your network setup:
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Sign in to PlayStation network error has occurred, error code NW-102311-8
- Sign in to PlayStation network error np, error code 31730-4
- Playstation network sign-in failed
- Failed to connect to the server, error code WS-37469-9
If you get these messages or a similar one, make sure to read the guidelines below. The following instructions are tested and proven to let you finally connect to the PlayStation Network.
What can I do when the PS4 says an error has occurred?
1. Verify your PSN account
- Sign up for a PSN account.
- Access your email inbox (Gmail may put this email in the Promotions or Updates folder).
- Open the Account registration confirmation.
- Now click on Verify now button in the email.
- You account should now be verified.
If your account is unverified, you’ll get An error has occurred on PS4 while trying to access PlayStation Network.
2. Update your information on the PSN
Use the website
- Go to your Account.
- Click on PSN Profile or Basic Account Information.
- Modify all the incorrect information here and add the missing ones.
- Save the changes you’ve made on this page.
Use your PS4
- Visit the PlayStation Network and login to your account. You can also update your profile directly from the PS4.
- For PS4, navigate to Account Management.
- Click Account Information.
In case your account information isn’t correct, you’ll get An error has occurred on PS4 while adding funds, so be sure to that your account info is correct.
3. Update your console firmware
- Power on your PS4 console.
- Connect your PS4 to a stable and fast internet connection.
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Click on Settings and select System Software Update.
- Select the Update Using Internet option and follow the on-screen guide to update the console.
Once the update is complete, the An error has occurred ps4 ce-34878-0 message should be gone.
4. Register as a new user with a different email address
Using the PS4
- Power on the PS4 console and go to the New User option.
- Click on Create a User on your game screen.
- Click on Next and select the New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account option.
- Hit the Sign Up Now button to proceed and follow the usual registration steps.
Note: The user you will create in step 2 only resides on the console and not PSN.
Using the website
- Go to Sony Sign up page.
- Now select Create new account.
- Click Create.
- Enter your regional information.
- Next, enter your personal information.
- Verify your account and select the new account ID.
5. Login with another PS4 console
Users who got the an error has occurred PS4 sign in error have fixed it by simply logging in to their account on a different PS4 console.
If you have another console or know someone who does, you can use that.
On a side note, you may want to confirm that the person logs out of your PSN account on their console. With your account logged in, they can make purchases with your cards.
After logging out of the console, try logging in to your PSN account again. This should help with An error has occurred on PS4 when using a disc.
6. Change the Privacy Settings to No One
- Turn on your PS4 console.
- On the Home menu, go to Settings.
- Navigate to PlayStation Network.
- Click on Account Management and select Privacy Settings.
- On the Privacy Settings page, modify every setting to No One.
- First, click on Gaming | Media.
- Click on Edit next to the item and change the dropdown menu option to No One.
- At this point, you have to repeat the steps on all the options under Friends | Connections and Personal Info | Messaging.
If you’re getting An error has occurred in PS4 store, this solution might be helpful.
Note: You can also access the Privacy settings from the website via this link.
What do you do when your PS4 keeps logging out?
You should stay logged on to your console. However, if you’re getting logged out of PS4 because an error has occurred, follow the next steps to resolve it.
- Sign out the account with the issue from the PS4 system.
- Turn off your PS4 console.
- Visit the PlayStation website on your internet browser.
- For desktop: Sign out and sign back in, if you are already logged in. Then, sign out again.
- For smartphones:
- iOS: Tap and hold the refresh button and select Request Desktop Site.
- Android: Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and tap on Desktop Site.
- Sign in to your PlayStation account.
- Sign out of the account.
- Power on your PlayStation console.
When registering your PS4 account, if you are under 18 years old, it’s not a good idea to increase your age because you won’t be able to add billing information. Get an adult to help you out.
With these methods, you will easily remove the PlayStation network sign-in failed error and sign in to your account. The solutions on this page will also fix the problem of PS4 logging you out.
Let us know if this guide helped you solve the problem. If you have your solutions and suggestions, please let us know in the comments below. Might be useful for somebody else in the community.