- Error while playing this video or Error code 3 are streaming errors that can sometimes occur while using Hulu on any of your devices.
- Streaming errors are frequent with Hulu services, but quite easy to fix most of the times.
- Check out the Hulu Hub our website where we're provided solutions for more errors encountered by Hulu users.
- In addition, in the video streaming dedicated section on the website you might find some useful articles.
Worldwide popular Hulu service is not short on streaming errors. This is not to say they the service is unreliable; only that this is to be expected from time to time.
Hulu errors are numbered, most of the time, for an easier reference. Also, the developer offers practical troubleshooting solutions for most errors, and no expert knowledge is required.
The Error playing this video message is commonly received when the service encounters a problem with the Internet connection or when your device is not working properly.
Alternative messages for the same error
- Error playing this video
- Sorry, we encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or select something else to watch
- Error code: 3(-996)
How can I fix the Error playing this video on Hulu?
- Turn off all devices connected to your home network.
- Close all background apps or other programs.
- Then, connect your device to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Also, place the modem or router near your device.
2. Deactivate your device
To deactivate your device, navigate to your Hulu your account page, and remove your device by logging out completely.
Then, you can simply log back in by re-entering your credentials. Launch Hulu again and see if the problem is solved.
To help improve streaming conditions, switch off your devices (including modem and router). Wait a few minutes, then switch them back on and see if it helped.
4. Update the Hulu app
If you’re streaming videos while using Hulu on an Android device, the repeated error messages might pop-in because the app is outdated. To fix this, go to Play Store, find the Hulu app, and click on Update, if available.
5. Clear cookies and cache
On devices running on Windows, Android, or iOS, cached data is usually found in the storage/privacy section of the Settings menu.
- Download CCleaner free version.
- After installation, launch CCleaner , and then click on Analyze.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click on Run Cleaner, and follow the prompts to delete cached data.
On Apple TV you have to uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app.
For Xbox One see the following steps:
- Go to Menu.
- Choose My Games and Apps > Apps.
- Highlight the Hulu.
- Hit menu on your controller.
- Tap on the Manage Apps > Clear saved data.
- Select Home in the main menu.
- Then, on the remote controller press Home 5 times + press Up + press Rewind 2 times + press Fast Forward 2 times.
- It should take a few seconds to clear the cache.
If you have used other workarounds to fix the streaming problem on Hulu, feel free to leave a comment below.
FAQ: Learn more about Hulu errors
- Why does my Hulu say loading error?
Hulu problems are usually caused by a poor Internet connection or issues with an outdated Hulu app. Updating the app, clearing cookies & cache, and also making sure that the Internet connection is working can be solved the problem is most cases.
- Why is Hulu quality so bad?
Low video quality in streaming videos on Hulu is most often caused by a poor Internet connection. Customarily, Hulu requires the following speeds:
- 3.0 Mbps for the Hulu streaming library
- 8.0 Mbps for live streams
- 16.0 Mbps for 4K content
- What is Hulu error code P Dev 320?
Hulu error code P Dev 320 is a streaming error that can appear on any device, anytime you are using the service. Updating the app and the browser, clearing cookies & cache, or checking the Internet connection are some basic troubleshooting solutions to fix it.