- ETrade is a popular web-based trading software for trading professionals.
- However, if you have Kaspersky installed, it can create issues with the software as discussed in the article below.
- If you use any other Trading software, check out our Trading Software hub for more resources.
- Also, consider bookmarking Business Software section for the latest updates.
ETrade Pro is a popular web-based trading platform offered by ETrade and is available on the Windows platform. However, some users have reported the software to have stopped working after installing Kaspersky.
According to the users, ETrade Pro stops working, and the Java Interface won’t launch when Kaspersky Internet Security is enabled.
If you are also troubled by this problem, here are a couple of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the ETrade Pro not launching issue on Windows 10.
How can I fix ETrade Pro not launching on Windows 10 [Kaspersky Error]?
1. Check for adware with Malwarebytes
- Download and install Malwarebytes.
- Launch the antivirus.
- Click on Scan to perform a complete scan.
- Once the scan is 100% complete, go through the result and delete all the adware.
Adware sneakily gets installed when you install some freeware from the internet. However, these programs create issues with other software running on your computer.
The best app for the job is by far Malwarebytes, so don’t hesitate to download it by clicking the button below.
Make sure to also keep an eye on your startup apps and disable any unnecessary startup app that can create issues with ETrade Pro.
- Right-click on the Taskbar.
- Select Task Manager.
- Open the Startup tab.
- Go through the list.
- Disable startup apps.
2. Launch the Java version of ETrade Pro from the web
- Open the ETrade website and login to your account using the credentials.
- Go to Research and select Products.
- Select E-Trade Pro from the list.
- Next, launch the Java version.
E-Trade Pro allows you to launch and use their software from the web if the desktop app is not working. While this is more of a workaround than a solution, it should help you work with the platform till the issue is resolved.
3. Check Kaspersky Antivirus for issues
Update Kaspersky antivirus
- Make sure the PC is connected to the Internet.
- In the lower-right corner, expand the system tray icon.
- Right-click on Kaspersky Internet Security.
- Select Update from the context menu.
- Kaspersky will scan for any pending updates and install them.
Once the updates are installed, run ETrade Pro and check if the software launches without any issues.
If the issue persists, try disabling the antivirus and the security solution temporarily.
Disable antivirus and Firewall
- Press Windows Key + I.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Firewall and Network Protection.
- Select your currently active network.
- Disable Windows Defender Firewall.
One disabled, right-click on your Kaspersky Internet Security and select the disable option.
Now that you have disabled both the security programs, launch E-Trade Pro, and check if the problem is resolved.
Make sure to enable the Firewall once the issue is resolved, as it is a temporary measure.
4. Uninstall Kaspersky antivirus
- Press the Windows Key + I.
- Open Apps.
- In the apps search bar, type Kaspersky.
- Click on Kaspersky Internet Security.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Choose OK to confirm the action.
Once uninstalled, relaunch ETrade Pro and check if the app launches without any issues. If the app works, you may need to change your antivirus.
If you have already purchased a license for Kaspersky Internet Security, contact the support to resolve the issue.
We recommend using Malwarebytes as it offers excellent security and compatibility with most of the programs.
Kaspersky is known to cause issues with ETrade Pro and stop the program for launching.
While you can access ETrade Pro from the web interface, follow the steps in the article to fix the problem for good.
Do let us know which method helped you resolve the issue in the comments.