If you’ve been using your PC for the longest time by now, chances are that you may have been disposing of your external drive with recoverable data. The problem is that users might have insufficient knowledge about the methods or tools to wipe their storage devices clean.
It is easy to understand the situation especially given the complexity of cleaning storage tools. Thankfully, we have listed down some of the best external drive cleaner tools for you to use before you dispose of your storage device.
What is the best external drive cleaner for Windows 10?
CCleaner is a helpful file shredder designed to clean areas of your storage device where data can be hard to find. The tool cleans up unused files and settings to help your computer run faster. It also ensures safer browsing for you as advertisers and websites track your behavior online with cookies that stay on your PC.
CCleaner erases your browser search history and cookies in order to keep your internet browsing confidential and your identity anonymous.
CCleaner’s patented registry cleaner clears out the clutter that comes from registry errors and broken settings to make your PC more stable. Also, CCleaner helps you boot up your PC more quickly by letting you disable unnecessary programs that run in the startup.
Blancco helps organizations erase data on storage devices regardless of the underlying technology. The tool guarantees that your data has been permanently erased from your IT assets. However, it does not come free of charge: it sets you back a decent price for its services.
Key features of Blancco Drive Eraser include:
- Patented solid-state drive (SSD) erasure (Patent No. 9286231).
- Erases data permanently from multiple HDDs/SSDs simultaneously
- Automates the hard drive erasure process to remove BIOS freeze locks
- Local and remote deployment
- RAID dismantling and pass-through
- Identifies false positives during internal data erasure processes
- Provides digitally signed certificate of proof of secure erasure for auditing
- Compliant with state, federal and international data privacy regulations and guidelines, including ISO 27001 and ISO 27040
- Locally or remotely controlled data erasure via the Blancco
- Management Console 3
- High-speed, simultaneous erasure of multiple drives
- RAID dismantling and direct access to the underlying physical drives
- SSD detection and secure erasure with Blancco’s patented SSD method
- Automated detection and unlocking of freeze locked drives
- The extensive list of international erasure standards, including HMG/CESG, NIST, BSI and DoD
- Detection, notification, and erasure of hidden areas (DCO, HPA) and remapped sectors.
Find out more about Blancco drive eraser from the presentation video below. This service offers an extra layer of protection for enterprise organizations.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other cleaning & optimization software products, check out our wide collection of guides.