- When it comes to social networks, Facebook is currently the largest social network on the market.
- Messaging is a crucial part of the Facebook experience, and today we’ll show you how to ignore Messenger messages on Facebook.
- If you're looking for more instant messengers, be sure to check our Social & Communications section.
- We wrote many guides like this one, and you can find them all in our How to Hub.
Facebook is one of the most popular social networks with millions of users. Just like any other social network, Facebook has its own instant messenger.
Sometimes you need to ignore certain Messenger messages on Facebook, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to do that.
How can I ignore Messenger messages on Facebook?
1. Use the Ignore messages option
- Open Facebook in your web browser.
- Now open the chat window with the person or group that you want to ignore.
- Click the down arrow next to its name and select Ignore messages.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click on the Ignore Messages button.
You can also ignore messages from the web Messenger by doing the following:
- Click the Messenger icon in the top right corner and click the expand button.
- When the Messenger opens, click the three dots next to a chat that you want to ignore and choose Ignore Messages.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click on Ignore Messages.
After doing that, all future messages from this person will be moved to the Filtered Requests section, so you’ll need to go there to see them.
While it’s possible to do this in any web browser, we recommend using Opera. The browser is perfect for social media because it has integrated Facebook messenger.
In addition to Facebook, there’s also WhatsApp, Telegram, and VKontakte messenger available out of the box.
Other social networks such as Twitter and Instagram are also available, so you won’t ever miss anything from social networks.
The browser also has a snapshot tool, so you can take screenshots of any website and share it with others.
Ad blocker is also available, and it will permanently block ads on all websites. For extra security, there’s a free and unlimited VPN available as well.
Opera is built on the Chromium engine, so it’s quite similar to Chrome, and it even works with Chrome extensions. If you want a fast, reliable browser that is optimized for social networks, give Opera a try.
2. Use the desktop app
- Open the Facebook desktop app.
- Now right-click the conversation that you want to ignore.
- Select Ignore Messages.
After doing that, all your future messages from this contact or group will be ignored.
Ignoring Messenger messages on Facebook is pretty simple, and you can do it simply by selecting the contact that you want to ignore and then choosing the Ignore messages option.
After following the steps from this guide, you won’t ever have to see any unwanted messages on Facebook.