- Having trouble with a FedEx delivery and not sure who is accountable for that? You can file a claim with FedEx in just a couple of steps.
- Tracking the status of your claim is very easy, via the service's dedicated webpage.
- Take your time to scroll through our Web&Cloud Hub for a lot of useful guides.
- Don't hesitate to check out our detailed FedEx issues section for more information on this topic.
We’ve all had our ups and downs with FedEx every once in a while. It is very important as a customer to read the service’s terms and conditions so as to know where you’re standing in case anything happens.
As a Fed Ex customer, you can file a claim for concealed loss, visible or concealed damage, delivery delays, payment delays (if this is the case), nondelivery, or misdelivery.
One should file a complaint within 21 calendar days; additionally, all supporting documentation must be filed within 9 months of the delivery date.
How do I check the status of my FedEx claim?
How to file a claim with FedEx?
- Go to the online page of FedEx Claims.
- Click the Start a Claim button.
- Submit all the necessary information: tracking number, shipment details, personal details.
Alternatively, you can call the FedEx support number (differs, depending on where you’re located) and ask for more information about your delivery.
If your delivery declared values were more than $100, make sure to have all the documents at hand related to your purchase/delivery.
After filing a complaint, you’ll receive a confirmation email, which includes a tracking number/case number.
- Log into your FedEx account. This is a mandatory step to view your claims, otherwise, you won’t be able to see the details.
- Then go to Support > File a claim.
- Click Start a Claim button.
- Select View My Claims tab at the top. The claim tracking number will be necessary.
Again, you can call the FedEx support number and request status for your claim, based on the claim tracking number.
FedEx settles most cases in 5 to 7 business days unless the additional time for research is needed -they will notify you if that is the case. When a claim is settled, you receive a confidential envelope with FedEx‘s official response.
We truly hope that any claim you file with FedEx gets a satisfactory reply. If you want to share your experience with FedEx, use the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
A claim can be filed by the sender, the recipient, or a third-party who knows the details of the delivery.
FedEx is one of the top delivery services, with a good reputation when it comes to time-sensitive packages or high-value items. With few exceptions, they deliver on time, with no noticeable damages or loss.
FedEx is one of the top delivery services, with a good reputation overall. Explore what you can do if your FedEx package status is not due for delivery.