Field of Glory: Empires is a fairly popular strategy game in which you’ll have to deal with nations, tribes, and armies to conquer the world.
The game is available on Steam and you can play it on your Windows 10 PC without much hassle.
Despite not being very large or having some unusual system requirements, many users report that the game has a lot of bugs and glitches, and today we’ll focus on them.
Field of Glory: Empires common bugs on Windows 10
1. Game crashes
Game crashes are not unusual when it comes to newer games or after certain updates, but it seems that Field of Glory: Empires crashes way to often, as one user describes the experience:
Two hours play and two total crashes, where I had to reboot the whole system. A box told me, that it has send the data to the developer; I hope that it did?
Game crashes are sometimes related to GPU drivers, so make sure to update your graphics card drivers to solve the issue. If you don’t know how to do that, follow the steps:
- In the Windows search box type Device Manager and click on the first result.
- In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click on your GPU driver and then select Update driver.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Windows can’t automatically find and download new drivers? Don’t worry, we’ve got the right solution for you.
After that, game crashes shouldn’t be a problem anymore. If Windows doesn’t find a new driver for your GPU, you can always go to your GPU manufacturer official page and download the latest driver from there.
2. Game won’t load
Another annoying issue reported is that FoG Empires doesn’t load but it runs in the background:
Game launcher wont load. Nothing on screen but says its running (game menu.exe) in steam and its open in Task Manager.
To get past this bug, first disable your antivirus and firewall, as sometimes it can block your game.
After that, you should verify the integrity of the game files from Steam. Follow the steps to do that:
- Open Steam.
- Go to Library > right-click on your game > Proprieties.
- Now click on Local files tab.
- The last button on the list should be Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Click on it and wait for the process to finish. Note: The process could take several minutes, depending on your game files.
3. Export battle button is missing
This is a pretty weird bug that will stop you to play the battles in FoG Empires. Here’s how a users describes the issue:
What do I have to do to be able to play the battles in FGII? I do not see the export button in the loading screen of the battle.
To fix this problem, you can try a pretty simple workaround. If you have Fields of Glory II installed, launch it first after you install Empires and after that open Fields of Glory: Empires and the export button should be there.
Keep in mind that this is just a workaround and might not work for you, but you could give it a try.
If you want to improve your gaming experience, you can increase your in-game FPS for a smoother gameplay. To do that, just follow the simple steps in this guide and you’ll be done in no time.
That’s it, for now. Bookmark this page as we will keep you updated on new Fog Empires bugs and how to fix them. If you have any other questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES THAT YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 5 best free online game platforms for quick gaming sessions in 2019
- Top 6 VoIP software for gaming you should use in 2019
- 9 Windows 10 services you can disable for gaming