Fix: Invisible players in FIFA 17 online mode
The FIFA 17 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 war has changed the genre. Instead of earlier pursuits towards realism and licensing, the battle is now fought to see who can create better online modes and improved multiplayer experiences.
Nevertheless, even though FIFA 17 is winning this battle, EA should pay more attention to the annoying glitches that render the game unplayable. For instance, many Xbox players have reported a serious glitch that prevents them from seeing opposing players. We prepared some possible solutions to overcome this problem.
How to fix FIFA 17 invisible player bug on Xbox consoles
Download latest update
Some of the users who encountered this issue managed to fix it after the 1.05 update (4th in the row since the game came out). As such, download the latest update and hope for the best. If you don’t see the update prompt at the welcome screen, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any hard drive and press Y on your controller.
- Select Clear System Cache and confirm the selection.
- After the process, restart the console and look for FIFA 17 update.
This should let you update. However, if the problem is not solved with the update, you may want to try reinstalling the game. To do so, move on to the next solution.
Reinstall the game
No matter which kind of a copy you have, reinstalling shouldn’t be hard to do. We will walk you trough the reinstall process.
If you installed the disc copy of the game on your hard drive, follow these instructions:
- Insert FIFA 17 in your console.
- Choose game Overview and select Delete.
- Restart your console but keep the disc inside.
- Stop the game from auto-starting.
- Choose Overview tab and select install.
On the other hand, if you have the digital copy of the game, you can redownload it by following these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Open System.
- Choose Storage.
- Select Hard Drive.
- Open Games.
- Highlight FIFA 17 and press Y.
- Choose Delete.
- Go to Settings.
- Open Account.
- Choose Download History.
- Find FIFA 17 and redownload the game again.
Be sure to log in with the account with which the game was purchased.
The Bottom Line
These are our solutions for the annoying FIFA 17 issue. We advise you to try both in the order we presented them. However, if the problem is persistent, all we can do is wait for the additional patch to fix this up. It is not the first time that older consoles have specific issues with the game. We blame it on bad multiplatform integration in online modes.
We can agree that all costumers deserve the same treatment, no matter which gaming system they use. Are you having similar issues? Was the latest patch helpful for you? Post your feedback in the comments section.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Fallout Shelter crashes on Xbox One
- Fix: FIFA 17 stuck on loading screen on Xbox One
- WWE 2K17 PC issues: Game freezes, crashes, Career mode won’t launch
- Roundup: Rainbow Six Siege Operation Velvet Shell reported issues
PS4 Remote Play is a convenient way of casting and remotely-playing your PlayStation 4 games on a PC. However, as that’s the case with any […]
Ever since Java 7, Oracle has implemented a security check within the program to help with security. As a result, some users are often encountering […]
Data loss is a very common occurrence these days, with people losing various forms of digital files on a daily basis. While this can easily […]