Fix: FIFA 17 stuck on loading screen on Xbox One
Fifa 17 is one of the most played online game nowadays, with millions of players worldwide. The game certainly is an improvement compared to its predecessor with more realistic gameplay and better online features. And there is no better way to experience FIFA 17 online matches than on Xbox One.
However, there are reports about a loading screen issue according to Xbox One players active in the community. On some occasions, the game won’t load past the Marco Reus initial screen. Additionally, some users reported a black screen that follows. The problem has been present since the release of the game and is quite unpredictable.
What to do if FIFA 17 gets stuck on the loading screen on Xbox One
Try disconnecting unused controller
Some users managed to fix this issue by disconnecting unused controllers or other USB peripheral devices. It seems that some bug inflicts the game when all of them are connected. Additionally, you’ll probably want to assign your controller to your profile. To do so, follow these steps:
- Return to your Xbox dashboard.
- Go to Settings.
- Open All Settings.
- Choose Kinect and Devices.
- Open Devices and Accessories.
- Choose the controller you use while playing FIFA 17.
- Select Assign to someone.
- Assign controller to your profile.
- Save and exit.
This can be an easy workaround for your issue. On the other hand, if the problem is persistent, try other solutions below.
Clear console cache
Clearing your Xbox One cache may work. On some occasions, corrupted files stored in your cache can invoke freezing issues. In addition, this will give you an insight on the game’s state. So if the game is still unresponsive, a reinstall would be the next step. To clear the cache from your console, do as follows:
- Go to System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Choose hard drive device.
- Press Y for additional options.
- Choose Clear System Cache.
- After it is done, reboot your console.
Reinstall the game
If you completed the previous steps and all you still see is Marco Reus followed by an unwelcoming black screen, reinstalling the game is the next logical solution. One thing to remember is to back up your in-game data to the cloud. To reinstall the game, follow these instructions:
- Go to Xbox dashboard.
- Select My games and apps.
- Highlight FIFA 17 and press Menu button
- Choose Manage game from the pop-up menu.
- Use the Saved data option from the left side to save your in-game data.
- When you are ready, select Uninstall all and wait until the process is finished.
Next step would be reinstalling the game. You can do so by following these instructions:
- If you own the physical copy of FIFA, the instal process will start as soon you insert the disc in the console. Just choose Install when prompted.
- For the digital copy, go to the My games and apps.
- You should see FIFA 17 in Ready to Install.
- Select Install and wait until the process is done.
Have in mind that on some occasions, the game is not shown in Ready To Install section. This is a common bug related to a Xbox Game Store. You should wait for some time and the game will appear in the list.
Reset your console settings
In the end, if all of the previous troubleshooting options are unsuccessful, you should move on to the resetting your console. This proved as a valid solution for many users. It seems that some of the settings interfere with the FIFA 17 and prevent the game from starting. We don’t want you to rush things and lose achievements, so follow the next steps closely:
- Go to the Settings.
- Choose All settings.
- Select System.
- Select Console info and updates.
- Choose Reset console.
- Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.
- The resetting process will start and finish after few minutes.
This is our best bet for overcoming stuck loading screen issue.
After you’ve run trough this list, we’re sure you’ll fix the problem. Afterward, you can return to your FUT and enjoy competing with the rest of the world. If you managed to fix the game with some other solutions, be so kind to share it with us in the comments.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Conan Exiles: How to set up your own private server
- Here’s how to ride your Chocobo faster in Final Fantasy XV
- Fix: FIFA 17 won’t connect to EA servers
- Fix: Hearthstone daily quests don’t appear
The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab […]
We continue our Patch Tuesday series. Two more updates for you in this article – KB4467697 and KB4467703, which both are an attempt to fix an issue […]
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]