12 of the best file rename software for Windows PCs
If you are worried about renaming your files, we have got you covered. Today, we have come up with the best file rename software which you can use.
Sometimes, Windows users go online to source for files such as: documents and images, for organizational purposes, these files are often renamed.
However, we have successfully compiled a list of great file renaming software which will suit your needs perfectly.
Best file rename tools for PCs
1. File Renamer Basic
- It supports regular expressions, EXIF, ID3 v1 and ID3 v2, saved profiles for tasks repeated, renaming lists and tag editing.
- Excellent help files.
- License: Free (Limited features).
- It has an interface which is well designed.
- A solid file for renaming.
- Subfolder, Undo and logging features are removed from the free version.
- No regular expression information.
2. Bulk Rename Utility
This file renaming software is very easy to use. It has a great interface. It is very powerful and highly functional.
- You can auto date
- Adding of prefix or suffix is allowed
- Moving or copying of files to other locations can be done.
- Regular expressions.
- Custom file formats.
- EFIX tags.
- ID3 v 1 tags
- License: Free (Private/ Educational use).
- Very powerful, lots of features, it is a very good renaming software.
- It has a cluttered interface and lacks ID 3 v 2 support.
3. Advanced Renamer
This tool has an attractive interface and renames multiple files and folders with renaming methods.
- It has picture preview.
- File change list is supported.
- It has good help files.
- It supports regular expressions.
- License: Free
- Easy to use.
- Supports just a little of EXIF and ID 3 tags.
- It supports Meta data tags for various file types.
- It can modify file properties and meta tags.
- License: Free
- It is the most powerful file renaming software and has supports a lot of features.
- Harder to use than other file renaming software.
- It is not good for casual users.
- ReNamer has a good interface.
- It supports a few different metatags and it is very powerful.
- It has the PascalScript option for power users.
- No installation is required.
- Help guide is not efficient
- Website might be malicious.
6. Metamorphose 2
Metamorphose 2 Beta is very good for renaming files; however, it is complicated, even more than other file renaming software’s.
- It can rename files and folders simultaneously.
- It can undo any operation.
- It uses regular expressions
- It can read metadata such as EXIF tags and ID3.
- It can change length of names.
- It can change case in several ways.
- It has a great multilingual and platform support.
- Very complicated to use.
7. Rename Master
- It supports EXIF and ID 3 tags, scripts and regular expressions.
- Intelligent number scoring.
- Renaming of file and folder.
- Custom file list columns.
- Renaming option for scanning subfolder.
- Complete Unicode filename support.
- It does not require installation.
8. Wild Rename
- It can perform tasks with the support of regular expressions.
- No installation is required.
- It does not support EXIF or ID 3 tags.
- ALSO READ: 3 best file size reducer software for PC
9. Flexible Renamer
For your documents and images renaming, go for this software.
- It supports invalid character mapping, metadata tags for documents, file attribute modification imaging and audio.
- Learning curve is too steep.
This is a very simple program with just a few features.
- It has an intuitive interface.
- You can effectively change cases and do some basic cropping.
- It supports ID 3 tags and regular expressions.
- It has less functionality than other file renaming software.
11. Ant Renamer
- It supports regular expressions, ID 3 v 1 and EXIF tags.
- Names from an imported file list can be changed.
- File listing and commands cannot be viewed simultaneously.
- No ID 3 v 2 support.
12. 1-4a Rename
This is a simple file renaming software for basic day – to- day use.
- It lacks ID 3 or EXIF support and also, it does not recursive file structure.
In conclusion, renaming of documents, images or photos downloaded online before saving on your computer or phone is very important. Most of the software we mentioned above is easy and free to use. Select the one most suitable to fit your needs.
- Related Links:
- Erase watermarks with these watermark remover tools for Windows PCs
- How to remove locked files/ folders on PC
- Can’t rename folders in Windows 10 [Fix]
Some time ago, the skills of a DJ consisted in knowing how to mix the vinyl and manage a console. Nowadays, thanks to a simple […]
Are you finding it difficult to manage your team’s checklists? The ultimate solution is to automate your checklists. By doing this, you are able to […]
The month of January has brought quite a few updates to all the Windows 10 versions currently supported by Microsoft. The tech giant launched the […]