- File system error 1073741515, also know as error 0xC0000135, is associated with registry issues and missing dll files.
- The easiest way to fix error 1073741515 is to use dedicated troubleshooting tools.
- There's a general BSoD fixer that you can run to fix several system issues.
- An antivirus scan is also recommended, to make sure your system is clean.
File system error 1073741515, which translates to error type 0xC0000135, describes the inability of an executable program to run due to missing essential components or wrongly configured system files.
These faulty system files or missing components create Registry errors within your Windows operating system, which result in system crashes, slow PC performance, program malfunctions, and more.
What causes Registry errors?
Registry errors occur mainly when new applications are installed over existing ones without completely uninstalling the previous one and its components.
What causes File system error – 1073741515 in Windows 10?
- Malfunctioning Hardware
- Errors in Windows Explorer
- Malicious Software (viruses, adware, and spyware)
- Registry Errors
What are the symptoms of File system error – 1073741515?
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Errors
- Abrupt shutdown problems
- Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)
- Input/output (IO) error
- .exe files do not run
- Disabled UA controls
How can I fix the File system error 1073741515 in Windows 10?
1. Use a dedicated troubleshooter
System errors, just like BSoDs, can be very vague and their cause can’t always be pinpointed. So a troubleshooter will scan your system in search of bugs, eliminating them and fixing potential vulnerabilities.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
- Download Windows Repair Pro.
- Look in the newly unzipped folder created in your desired location and open the folder tagged files (…windows repair v…files).
- In the files folder, locate fix_exe_hijack.inf file.
- Right-click on the file and select Install.
- After installing the .inf file, restart your PC.
- Alternatively, install the .exe file.
- Launch and click on the Repairs – Main tab and then Preset: All Repairs
- Ensure that all boxes for All Repairs are checked. Then click Start Repairs.
- User must be an Administrator to run the repairs.
- Do not cancel the process, wait for the repair to run its course.
- Restart your computer.
On restarting your PC, you should now be able to open applications and administrative tools without experiencing the File System Error 1073741515.
- Hold Windows Key + S.
- Type Settings in the search box and click on it.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Select Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC, click Get Started to initiate the reset/refresh.
- Take note of the prompt as they appear and choose whether to keep your personal files or erase them.
- After completing the refresh, your PC configurations should now be set to default and all registry pile-ups cleaned up.
- Re-install your applications and launch them.
- The File System Error – 1073741515 should be gone.
- Also, try launching Administrative tools and Windows troubleshooter, everything should now work fine.
Performing a PC refresh or reset on Windows 10 will basically reinstall the operating system, remove all third-party applications while leaving all personal data unaffected.
- Download Malwarebytes.
- Follow the prompts to install it on your computer.
- In the anti-malware software interface, click on the Scan button to initiate a quick or full system scan and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After the system scan is complete, check the Select all box.
- Click Remove to delete all threats on your computer.
Performing a quick scan with Malwarebytes’ anti-malware tool ensures that File system error 1073741515 does not occur again.
Malwarebytes optimizes your computer by removing all traces of malware, adware, and spyware to ensure a smooth running of your machine.
Having completed the quick scan, launch your installed applications, Windows Troubleshooter, and Administrative tools and everything should now work fine.
The File system error 1073741515 you have been experiencing on your Windows 10PC should be gone.
In case you have subject-related questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The steps you can take are:
- run chkdsk in Command Prompt
- perform a malware scan
- clean your PC of old files, cache etc
- use DISM tool
- reset Windows
Most of the times, these errors are caused by the disk drive. It might have bad sectors, it might be malfunctioning and starting to loose data. Perform software checks first to eliminate issues caused by programs.
If the corrupted files are part of Windows, then performing a system restore will help clear the issues. If the corrupted files are part of a 3rd party software, you just completely remove it and reinstall it.