- File system error 1073741515, also known as error 0xC0000135, is associated with registry issues and missing DLL files.
- The easiest way to fix error 1073741515 is to use dedicated troubleshooting tools.
- There's a general BSoD fixer that you can run to fix several system issues.
- An antivirus scan is also recommended to make sure your system is clean.
File system error (-1073741515), which translates to error type 0xC0000135, describes the inability of an executable program to run due to missing essential components or wrongly configured system files.
These faulty system files or missing components create Registry errors within your Windows operating system, which result in system crashes, slow PC performance, program malfunctions, and more.
Let us address the causes and essential fixes.
What causes File system error (-1073741515)?
A range of factors can trigger this error, and at the top of these are the following elements:
- Registry errors – Registry errors occur mainly when new applications are installed over existing ones without completely uninstalling the previous one and its components.
- Errors in Windows Explorer – This is a Windows directory system, and malfunctioning this component will often trigger the error. this of
- Malicious Software – These could be viruses, adware, and spyware. In many cases, you will need an effective antivirus to fix the problem.
While these are the primary elements, there may be some other less significant triggers. Regardless of the cause, the solutions we show should help resolve the error.
How can I fix the File system error (-1073741515)?
1. Use a dedicated troubleshooter
System errors, like BSoDs, can be vague, and their cause can’t always be pinpointed. So a troubleshooter will scan your system in search of bugs, eliminating them and fixing potential vulnerabilities.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Use Windows Repair to fix the error
- Download Windows Repair Pro.
- Look in the newly unzipped folder created in your desired location and open the folder tagged files (…windows repair v…files); after installing the .inf file, restart your PC.
- Alternatively, install the .exe file.
- Launch and click on the Repairs and then select Start Repairs.
- Ensure that all boxes for All Repairs are checked. Then click Start Repairs.
- Restart your computer.
On restarting your PC, you should now be able to open applications and administrative tools without experiencing the File System Error 1073741515.
3. Refresh/Reset Windows 10
- Hold Windows Key + I to open the Settings app, then select Update & Security.
- Click Recovery, then under Reset this PC, click Get Started to initiate the reset/refresh.
- Please take note of the prompts as they appear and choose whether to keep your files or erase them.
- After completing the refresh, your PC configurations should be set to default, and all registry pile-ups should be cleaned up.
- Reinstall and launch your applications; the File System Error – 1073741515 should be gone.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Performing a PC refresh or reset on Windows 10 will reinstall the operating system and remove all third-party applications while leaving all personal data unaffected.
4. Get rid of spyware
- Download Malwarebytes.
- Follow the prompts to install it on your computer.
- In the anti-malware software interface, click on the Scan button to initiate a quick or full system scan and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After the system scan is complete, check the Select all box, and click Quarantine to delete all threats on your computer.
Performing a quick scan with Malwarebytes’ anti-malware tool ensures that File system error 1073741515 does not occur again.
Malwarebytes optimizes your computer by removing all traces of malware, adware, and spyware to ensure the smooth running of your machine.
Having completed the quick scan, launch your installed applications, Windows Troubleshooter, and Administrative tools, and everything should now work fine.
The File system error 1073741515 you have been experiencing on your Windows 10PC should be gone.
Lastly, if you have subject-related questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments below.