FIX: File System Error 1073741515 in Windows 7, Windows 10
File System Error 1073741515 , which translates to error type 0xC0000135, describes the inability of an executable program to run due to missing essential components (one or many .dll files) or wrongly configured system files.
These faulty system files or missing components create Registry errors within your Windows operating system which result in system crashes, slow PC performance, program malfunctions and more.
You may want to ask, what causes Registry errors?
Registry errors occur mainly when new applications are installed over existing ones without completely uninstalling the previous one and its components.
What causes “File System Error – 1073741515’” on Window 7 and 10?
The ‘’File System Error – 1073741515’’ may be caused by an of the following:
- Malfunctioning Hardware
- Errors in Windows Explorer
- Malicious Software (viruses, adware, and spyware)
- Registry Errors
What are the symptoms of “File System Error – 1073741515″
The error symptoms that Win7 or 10 users would experience include:
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Errors
- Abrupt shutdown problems
- Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)
- Input/output (IO) error
- .exe files do not run
- Disabled UA controls
How to fix File System Error 1073741515 on Windows 7, 10
To fix the File System Error 1073741515 on Win7 and 10, follow the steps listed below.
- Use RegCure Pro to automatically fix the error
- Get rid of spyware using Spyhunter Malware Removal Tool
- Use Windows Repair to fix the error
- Refresh/Reset Windows 10
1. Use RegCure Pro to automatically fix the error
RegCure Pro is a Registry repair tool that effectively scans and fixes corrupted or missing registry files. By fixing registry issues, it also gets rid of “File System Error 1073741515” and prevents other related issues from occurring. To use RegCure Pro, follow these instructions:
- Download RegCure Pro
- Install the program and launch it.
- Click the Scan button and wait for it to complete.
- After completing the scan, click Fix Errors
- Restart your computer
- Launch the software initiating the File System Error 1073741515 and the error should be gone.
2. Get rid of spyware using Spyhunter Malware Removal Tool
Spyhunter optimizes your computer by removing all traces of malware, adware, and spyware to ensure a smooth running of your machine.
After using RegCure Pro to fix registry related issues, perform a quick scan with SpyHunter anti-malware tool to ensure that ‘’File System Error 1073741515’’ does not occur again.
To make use of Spyhunter to remove various kinds of spyware, malware, and viruses, follow these removal instructions:
- Download Spyhunter
- Follow the prompts to install it on your computer
- In the anti-malware software interface, click on the “Malware Scan” button to initiate a quick or full system scan and follow the on-screen prompts
- After the system scan is complete, check the Select all box or click Select all then click Remove to delete all threats on your computer
Having completed the quick scan, launch your installed applications, Windows Troubleshooter, and Administrative tools and everything should now work fine.
The ‘’File System Error 1073741515’’ you have been experiencing on your Win7 or Win10 OS on your PC should be gone.
3. Use Windows Repair to fix the error
- Download Windows Repair Portable from HERE and unzip the downloaded file
- Look in the newly unzipped folder created in your desired location and open the folder tagged ‘’files’’ (…windows repair v…files)
- In the files folder, locate fix_exe_hijack.inf file
- Right-click on the file and select ‘’Install’’
- After installing the .inf file, restart your computer and you should be able to open applications and administrative tools without experiencing the ‘’ File System Error 1073741515.’’
- Alternatively, install the .exe file
- Launch and click on the Repairs- Main tab and then Preset: All Repairs
- Ensure that all boxes for ‘All Repairs’ are checked. Then click Start Repairs
Note: User must be an Administrator to run the repairs
- Do not cancel the process, wait for the repair to run its course
- After the repair is done, you’ll be prompted to restart your computer. Select Yes.
- On restarting your PC, you should now be able to open applications and administrative tools without experiencing the ‘’ File System Error 1073741515.’’
4. Refresh/Reset Windows 10
Performing a PC refresh or reset on Windows 10 will basically reinstall the operating system, remove all third-party applications while leaving all personal data unaffected. However, you are at liberty to choose if you will like to keep any data.
To carry out a PC refresh on Windows 10, follow these procedures:
- Hold WinKey + S and in the search box, type in Settings and click on it
- Click on Update and Security
- Select Recovery
- Under Reset this PC, click Get Started to initiate the reset/refresh
- Take note of the prompt as they appear and choose whether to keep your personal files or erase them
- After completing the refresh, your PC configurations should now be set to default and all registry pile-ups cleaned up
- Re-install your applications and launch them. The ‘’File System Error – 1073741515’’ should be gone.
- Also, try launching Administrative tools and windows troubleshooter, everything should now work fine.
Having employed all or some of these tweaks, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Errors, Abrupt shutdown problems, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), Input/output (IO) error; .exe files not running, Registry Errors and Disabled UA controls should all be a thing of the past.
- How to fix PC error code 0xc00000e on Windows 10
- Fix: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down
- Full Fix: Driver irql_less_or_not_equal error on Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]