- FileRepMalware is a contraction for malicious software and an intrusive program that is designed to damage computers.
- Most PCs have malware hiding in the background, so the best way to remove such problems is by using specialized software.
- Knowing what FileRepMalware is and how you can remove it can make a huge difference when it comes to your system's security.
- To start the identification process you should use an online tool, and then continue with third-party specialized software.
If your computer connected to the internet, it has a potential risk to be infected with malware and viruses.
So, to keep your systems safe, you should use third-party antivirus software products.
Each antivirus software uses certain criteria to blacklist suspicious files, programs, and processes in your system.
This is the case with the FileRepMalware tag.
What is FileRepMalware?
You can define File Rep Malware as a tag given by antivirus to a malicious file designed to create damage in an infected device. Furthermore, it is known as Win32: Evo-gen.
The Win32 part means that it is developed for the Windows operating system.
The Evo-gen part is a generic classification of trojan-type files. Therefore, you will probably meet this threat only on Windows operating systems.
How can I get rid of FileRepMalware efficiently?
1. Check for false positive
Note: This tag is given to a file when it has a low reputation score, usually to cracked applications. But can also occur with legitimate files due to a false positive.
- Open your antivirus and check the location of the malware.
- Go to the VirusTotal website.
- Click on Choose File and add the file pointed by the antivirus.
- Wait for Virus Total to complete and analyze the final score.
- If only Avast and AVG detected the file, you can consider it as a false positive.
Note: VirusTotal is a malware aggregator that will test the suspicious file with 50+ malware scanners. Thus, you can trust it with the analysis and results.
When it comes to analyzing files that are potentially a FileRepMalware, Avast or AVG can trigger a lot of false positives.
Therefore, we recommend you try another reliable antivirus program.
Malwarebytes is a premium anti-malware solution for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Chromebook.
This amazing software offers you the best protection against any type of cyber-attacks and features a top-notch privacy shield.
The wide range of features are all encapsulated inside an easy-to-use UI, that will make hunting down malware on your PC a breeze.
MalwarebytesRemove all malware from your system by using this powerful and versatile software today.
3. Scan with Windows Defender
Note: To use Windows defender, you need either to stop your current antivirus or to completely uninstall it.
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update & Security and open Windows Security.
- Click on Virus and threat protection.
- Go to Scan options and select Full Scan.
- Click on Scan Now to start scanning.
- Wait for the scan to complete and check if the malware was detected.
All of the above solutions will help you find out if your computer was infected with any malware or virus.
Moreover, it will also remove the threats discovered in your system.
Besides Windows Defender and Malwarebytes, you can try out many other reliable antivirus solutions.
Don’t hesitate to get into contact with us to share your experience. You can do so by using the comment section found below this guide.