Can’t Find Your Windows 10, 8.1 Product Key? Use these solutions
Use Jelly Bean Key Finder
To find your product key, you’re going to need a help from third-party software Jelly Bean Key Finder. You’ll probably think that this is some sort of tool for Android devices, but don’t worry, it works in Windows too. It will help you to quickly locate your product key on your computer. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download Magical Jelly Bean and follow the installation process to install it on your computer.
- Open the program, the shortcut will probably be placed on your Desktop.
- Go ahead and scan your installations to find product keys of supported programs, this will include your Windows and Office versions, but also other listed programs
- When the scan is complete, the tool will display a window with entries in the left pane for whatever installed versions of Microsoft Windows it detected.
- Click the entry of Microsoft Windows to see the key and other information about your system (Don’t confuse it with Product ID, because it’s not what we’re looking for). You’ll find the key under CD Key on the right side of the window. Copy or write this information down in order to use it in your Windows installation later
That’s all, now you have your Windows product key again and you can install a fresh copy of Windows whenever you want. Maybe you don’t like the idea of using a third-party software for system task like this, but don’t worry this tool is trustworthy and you shouldn’t be afraid to use it.
How to find your Windows 10 product key
If you`re using Windows 10, here’s what you should know. First of all, if you purchased a boxed copy of Windows 10, you`ll find the key on a label in the box. If bought online, you should receive the key in an email. In case your Windows 10 it’s a free upgrade or it came with a new PC, there may be no key due to a ‘digital entitlement’ method.
Another method is ProduKey, a product that can retrieve your Microsoft Windows original key. Here is a link where you can download the software. For more information about this product, you can check out this guide.
For additional information on how to change your product key or fix Windows 10 product key related issues, you can check out the posts listed below:
- Can I Install Windows 10, 8.1 on two Devices With the Same Key?
- How to Change Windows 10, 8.1 Product Key
- Full Fix: Windows 10 activation key not working
If you have any additional comments or suggestions related to this article, please write them down in the comments section below.
Editors Note: This post was originally published on April 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]