How to fix the avpui.exe application error on Windows 10
If you have been experiencing avpui.exe application error on your Windows 10 PC after installing Kaspersky Antivirus, we have come up with the right fix for you.
The avpui.exe application error occurs most especially during Windows startup with error messages such as “Avpui.exe not found” or “Avpui.exe is not running”.
This error is associated with Kaspersky Antivirus program, one of the best antivirus software in the world. However, the reasons for this error include:
- Virus or malware infection
- Corrupt or missing Windows registry keys
- Incompatible program with Kaspersky Antivirus
- Missing Dynamic Link Libraries(DLL)
- Incomplete installation of Kaspersky Antivirus software
- Corrupt Kaspersky Antivirus exe file
Meanwhile, Windows Report has come up with solutions to fix avpui.exe application error on your Windows 10 PC.
How to fix avpui.exe application error on Windows 10 PC
Solution 1: Run a full system scan
Viruses and malwares can cause the avpui.exe application error. Run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use; however, you can use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to run a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Note: If you are done scanning your PC, it is advisable that you remove all detected viruses; the option may be “clean” or “delete” depending on the Antivirus that you are using.
Solution 2: Use System File Checker Scan
System File Check (SFC) scans; checks for system file integrity, and fix any corrupted files. This process can fix any corrupt system file associated with Kaspersky Antivirus program file and data. Here’s how to run a SFC scan on your Windows PC:
- Press Windows key and type “Command Prompt”
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”
- Now, in the cmd prompt, type “sfc” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Here, Type “/scannow” without quotes and hit the “Enter” key.
- Finally, restart your Windows PC.
Solution 3: Uninstall incompatible programs
Another way of fixing avpui.exe application error is by uninstalling incompatible programs. Some Windows user reported that some general-purpose applications may cause avpui.exe application errors.
If you are able to identify the specific program responsible for the problem, then you can easily uninstall it from Programs and Features. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
- In the Programs and Features window, locate and uninstall any unwanted programs.
Alternatively, you can click on the “Installed On” column to sort your program by the installation date. Hence, scroll through the list, identify the most recent installed programs before the error problem started, and then uninstall the program.
However, if you are unable to identify the program causing avpui.exe application error problem, you can advance to the next method.
Solution 4: Use System Restore
Recent changes on your system can cause the error problem to occur. System Restore is a Windows feature that enables you to reinstate your system to a previous state and fix any recent problems. Here’s how to run system restore on your Windows 10 PC:
- Press down the power button until the Automatic Repair message appears.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Now, select your username and enter your password.
- Click on Next, select the desired restore point and follow the instructions on the screen to restore your PC.
- After your PC is restored, check if the problem still appears.
Alternatively, you can perform System Restore in safe mode. If you are able to enter safe mode, press windows key, type “system restore” and hit “Enter” to start the process.
Solution 5: Run Windows Updates
In addition, you can fix avpui.exe application error problem by updating your Windows OS to the latest version. Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors associated with the startup error. However, you can follow these steps to update your Windows 10 OS:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Solution 6: Use CCleaner
CCleaner is a utility program which can fix corrupt system files. You can download CCleaner on your Windows PC and use it to scan, fix and clean bad system files most especially the corrupted files responsible for avpui.exe application error. Follow these steps in order to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download CCleaner at their official website
- Now, Install and follow the installation prompts.
- After installation, launch CCleaner
- Here, go to the “Registry” menu, click “Scan for issues” option.
- Hence, after CCleaner has finished scan, select the “fix selected issues”, follow the prompts and click on the “fix all” option
- Wait for the CCleaner to clean the registry.
Alternatively, you can also use CCleaner to perform system restore, uninstall Kaspersky antivirus and also modify startup settings.
Also Read: Fix: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Error in Windows 10
Solution 7: Disable Kaspersky Antivirus from startup
Another method of fixing avpui.exe application startup error on Windows 10 is by disabling Kaspersky Antivirus from startup menu. Here’s how to do this:
- Press “Windows” key and “R” key to launch the Run program.
- Type “msconfig” without quotes and hit the “Enter” key.
- In the System Configuration window, click on the “Startup” tab.
- Uncheck all tick boxes where the manufacturer is Kaspersky, click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Select the “Restart” option.
Solution 8: Uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus
One of the simplest ways of fixing avpui.exe application error problem is to uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus from your Windows PC. You can uninstall from Programs and Features. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
- In the Programs and Features window, locate Kaspersky Antivirus and select it.
- Click on uninstall to remove Kaspersky Antivirus program.
Solution 9: Install Kaspersky Antivirus using administrator privileges
Another method of fixing avpui.exe application error problem is by using “Administrator privileges” to install Kaspersky Antivirus. You can get the installer from purchased software CD or download from the Kaspersky website. The steps for running the installer using admin privileges are given below:
- First of all, locate Kaspersky Antivirus setup file
- Then, right-click on the setup file
- Select Run as Administrator and follow the prompts to complete installation.
Solution 10: Perform Startup Repair
Another way of fixing the error problem is by performing Automatic Repair on your PC. If you run Automatic Repair, Windows OS will be able to fix the error problem for you. Here’s how to perform Automatic Repair:
- Restart your computer a few times during the boot sequence.
- Click on Advanced options button once it appears.
- Now, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
- After Startup Repair has been launched, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
In conclusion, any of these methods which we mentioned above can fix the avpui.exe application error problem on Windows 10 PC. Do share with us any of your experience after using any of the programs we mentioned. Feel free to comment below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Kaspersky System Checker helps detect issues on your PC
- 5 best free antivirus solutions for Windows 7 64-bit
- ScanGuard Antivirus: Here’s what you need to know about it
A serial port can be useful, but some users reported Unable to open serial port message on their PC. This can be a big problem, […]
Most of us print documents frequently, but sometimes Operation on the printer is required message can appear and prevent you from printing. This can be […]