How to fix CyberGhost errors and issues on Windows 10
If you’ve decided to finally advance in your online privacy and security game, you’ll need a VPN to do so. Our recommendation goes to CyberGhost (which we’re affiliated with), for its reliability, affordability, and unlimited data and bandwidth. However, even the well-designed VPN isn’t flawless, so we decided to enlist the most common issues regarding CyberGhost and offer the applicable solutions.
If you’re using CyberGhost and you’ve bumped into an issue or two, make sure to check the list below.
CyberGhost VPN most common issues and how to solve them
1: CyberGhost won’t start
The basis of CyberGhost for Windows 10 is simple, hence the issues as critical as this are quite rare. Nonetheless, there are reports that the CyberGhost application for Windows 10 won’t start for no apparent reason. If you’re unable to get CyberGhost started, make sure to check these steps in order to resolve it:
- Restart application.
- Remove the similar applications.
- Whitelist the CyberGhost application in third-party firewalls or disable them for the time being.
- Reinstall CyberGhost clean. You can use IObit Uninstaller in order to clean the remaining files and registry inputs.
- Run the application as an administrator.
2: Can’t connect through CyberGhost
Connection-related issues are the most common with the majority of VPN solutions. Either the connection is completely absent or it’s substantially slowing down/crashes. There are various reasons for such occurrences, both involving your own settings and the ones concerning CyberGhost VPN itself.
There are various steps you can apply to dismiss connectivity issues, and we made sure to enlist them below.
- Use wired connection rather than a Wi-Fi.
- Restart your mode or/and router.
- Update router’s firmware.
- Switch the server (different geo-location).
- Create an exception in Firewall.
- Switch the protocol. They vary in speed and encryption levels, so make sure to experiment until you find the one that works for you.
3: CyberGhost crashes
Similar to inability to start, CyberGhost seems to be prone to occasional crashes, as some users said. Luckily, this is far from being irreparable, and the steps below should enable you to avoid further crashes in Windows 10:
- Disable background applications that might affect VPN activity.
- Run CyberGhost as admin and in the compatibility mode with Windows 8.
- Reinstall the application.
- Add the firewall and antivirus exceptions for CyberGhost.
That should do it. In case you have alternative issues or solutions for the one we enlisted here, make sure to tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 5 best VPN for QuickBooks
- 5 best Chrome VPN extensions to use in 2018
- What to do when antivirus blocks VPN
- How to hide IP address on Local Area Network
Anyone who knows a thing or two about PC gaming most likely knows what Steam is. This video game digital distribution platform is probably the […]