How to fix error 0x97 on Epson printers
Do you have an Epson printer? Are you getting the error code 0x97 on your printer? You must be wondering why this error occurs during the printing process. Continue reading below, we have more to talk about this problem.
Epson printers are widely used all over the world; however, many users, especially long term Epson printer users, reported that Epson error code 0x97 comes up during the printing process.
This error appears on the indicator with a notice to turn the printer off and on again. After this error occurs, the printer will stop printing, hence preventing any printing activity from taking place.
Error 0x97 is due to issues involving the printer’s internal hardware. Fixing this printer problem requires hands-on technical workarounds which we have compiled in this article.
Fix Epson printer error 0x97 using these solutions
1. Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
First of all, consider using Microsoft’s printer troubleshooting tool to fix the error problem. While running the troubleshooter, you may be required to unplug or couple the printer.
However, ensure you follow the instructions after running the troubleshooter. Download and use the Microsoft Printer troubleshooter by using these steps below:
- Go to the link here
- Download and install the troubleshooter on your Windows PC.
- Follow the prompts to fix the printer error.
Another alternative to this method is to use the user manual included in the printer’s package box. Locate the error problem and possible solutions as indicated in the user manual.
2. Unplug and Plug-in
When error 0x97 occurs on an Epson printer, the indicator requires that the printer be turned off and then on again. This process requires unplugging from power supply and plug-in to power supply. Here’s how to carry out unplug and plug-in:
- Unplug all USB and cables attached to the printer.
- Open the printer casing and remove any jammed papers.
- Remove the printer cartridges and keep in a safe place.
- Hence, since the printer is disconnected, press the power button on your PC. This will release any remaining current left in your printer.
- Reconnect all the power cable and USBs attached to the printer.
- Turn on your printer afterwards.
3. Clean the printer using wet tissue
In addition, error code 0x97 could occur because the printer has accumulated dust which surmounts to making the printer dirty.
Other factors include: waste ink around head sprayer, paper particles within the roller, and presence of unwanted elements within the printer.
We highly recommend that you clean your printer by using a wet tissue (preferably moist). Here’s how to clean up your printer:
- Turn off your epson printer
- Open the printer casing carefully.
- Now, take a tissue and use warm water to wet it.
- Hence, clean up the internal components of the printer most especially the mechanic pad and other sensitive areas.
- Remove the tissue afterwards and wait for 15 minutes.
- Then, assemble the printer and turn it on using the power button.
4. Contact Hardware Specialist
Another option is to pack the printer inside a box and give it to a hardware specialist for repairs. Some users who gave their epson printer to hardware specialists complained about the expensive charges incurred when fixing their printer.
However, if the printer comes with a warrant, then you may possibly contact customer care on how to get a full replacement.
Consequently, if you try out any of the fixes we listed above and you are still getting this error, we highly recommend that you switch to a new printer. We hope you solved the problem using the fixes we listed. Feel free to comment below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Turn-off automatic default printer management in Windows 10
- Fix: “Printer needs user intervention” error
- Fix: Can’t remove printer on Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]