Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- This error code 0x97 appears on the indicator with a notice to turn the printer off and on again. After this error occurs, the printer will stop printing.
- First, consider using Microsoft's printer troubleshooting tool to fix the error problem. While running the troubleshooter, you may be required to unplug or couple the printer.
- You just wanted to print your report and...nothing! Frustrating indeed but we have solutions in the How to fix printer errors section.
- When you encounter a problem with your peripherals, not only your printer, go to our Peripherals category for a possible fix.
Do you have an Epson printer? Are you getting thecode 0x97 on your ?
You must be wondering why this error occurs during the printing process. Continue reading below, we have more to talk about this problem.
Epson printers are widely used all over the world; however, many users, especially long term Epson printer users, reported that Epsoncode 0x97 comes up during the printing process.
This error appears on the indicator with a notice to turn the off and on again.
After this error occurs, the printer will stop printing, hence preventing any printing activity from taking place.
Error 0x97 is due to issues involving the’s internal hardware. Fixing this printer problem requires hands-on technical workarounds which we have compiled in this article.
How can I fix Epson printer error 0x97?
- Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
- Unplug and Plug-in
- Clean the printer using wet tissue
- Update your drivers
- Contact Hardware Specialist
Solution 1 – Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
First of all, consider using Microsoft’s printer troubleshooting tool to fix theproblem. While running the troubleshooter, you may be required to unplug or couple the .
However, ensure you follow the instructions after running the troubleshooter. Download and use the Microsofttroubleshooter by using these steps below:
- Go to the link here.
- Download and install the troubleshooter on your Windows PC.
- Follow the prompts to fix the .
Another alternative to this method is to use the user manual included in the’s package box. Locate the problem and possible solutions as indicated in the user manual.
Solution 2 – Unplug and Plug-in
When error 0x97 occurs on an Epson printer, the indicator requires that the be turned off and then on again.
This process requires unplugging from power supply and plug-in to power supply. Here’s how to carry out unplug and plug-in:
- Unplug all USB and cables attached to the .
- Open the printer casing and remove any jammed papers.
- Remove the printer cartridges and keep in a safe place.
- Hence, since the is disconnected, press the power button on your PC. This will release any remaining current left in your .
- Reconnect all the power cable and USBs attached to the .
- Turn on your afterwards.
Solution 3 – Clean the printer using wet tissue
In addition, error code 0x97 could occur because the has accumulated dust which surmounts to making the dirty.
Other factors include: waste ink around head sprayer, paper particles within the roller, and presence of unwanted elements within the .
We highly recommend that you clean yourby using a wet tissue (preferably moist). Here’s how to clean up your :
- Turn off your Epson printer
- Open the printer casing carefully.
- Now, take a tissue and use warm water to wet it.
- Hence, clean up the internal components of the most especially the mechanic pad and other sensitive areas.
- Remove the tissue afterwards and wait for 15 minutes.
- Then, assemble the and turn it on using the power button.
Solution 4 – Update your drivers
If you’re having this problem with Epson printer, the issue might be related to your drivers.
To fix the problem, it’s advised that you update your drivers to the latest version and check if that helps.
This is a fairly simple procedure, and you can do it by visiting the’s manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your model.
Once you download the latest drivers, install them, and check if the problem is still there.
If downloading drivers manually seems a bit tedious to you, you might be able to fix the problem by using third-party tools such as Outbyte Driver Updater.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool might not be free
This tool will allow you to automatically update your drivers with just a few clicks, so it’s the simplest and fastest method of updating your drivers.
Solution 5 – Contact Hardware Specialist
Another option is to pack theinside a box and give it to a hardware specialist for repairs.
Some users who gave their Epson printer to hardware specialists complained about the expensive charges incurred when fixing their.
However, if thecomes with a warrant, then you may possibly contact customer care on how to get a full replacement.
Consequently, if you try out any of the fixes we listed above and you are still getting this error, we highly recommend that you switch to a new printer.
We hope you solved the problem using the fixes we listed. Feel free to comment below.