How to fix error 0xc00000d “Your PC needs to be repaired” on Windows 10
Are you experiencing PC error code 0xc00000d ‘Your PC needs to be repaired’? We’ve got the solutions for you.
Error code 0xc000000d is a Windows error which appears when the system cannot boot to Windows due to messy PC boot configuration. The error message appears in a Blue screen display with the message ‘Your PC needs to be repaired’.
The causes of this error problem include: incorrect BIOS settings, incomplete Windows installation, HDD corruption, and system failure.
However, we have come up with applicable solutions to fix error 0xc000000d on your PC. They are listed below.
How to fix PC error code 0xc000000d
- Create a Recovery Drive
- Run Startup Repair
- Use Command Prompt
- Run System Restore in safe mode
- Replace your HDD
Solution 1: Create a Recovery Drive
The simplest way of fixing PC error code 0xc00000d is by creating a recovery disk. Recovery disk enables your PC reverts back to its default settings; hence, the error will be fixed.
However, if your PC is running Windows 10 OS, you can create a recovery drive from another Windows 10 system. If you want to create a recovery drive, follow these steps:
- Plug in a USB flash drive into a computer not affected by the error problem.
- Go to Start > Type “Create a Recovery Drive” without quotes and hit “Enter”.
- Follow the Create Recovery Drive wizard.
After creating the recovery drive, boot your PC with the USB flash drive and follow the prompts to perform system recovery. This fix will most definitely resolve the error code 0xc00000d issue. However, if not you can proceed to the next solution below.
Read Also: Top 11 file recovery software for PC
Solution 2: Run Startup Repair
Another way of fixing the error code 0xc00000d problem is to run Startup Repair on your PC. This will ensure that your PC is able to boot successfully into Windows. You may consider running Startup repair so as to fix the error 0xc00000d problem.
The startup may be corrupted due to irregularities stemming from your Windows installation. You need to create a Windows bootable USB or DVD drive before you proceed with the startup repair. Follow these steps to carry our startup repair:
- Go to this link, to create a bootable device for Windows 10.
- Insert the bootable USB or DVD and boot Windows from it.
- In the “Windows Setup” window, select the “language to install”, “Time and Currency format”, and the “keyboard or input method”.
- Hence, click on “Repair your computer” and select “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on “Advanced options”, select “Automatic Repair”, and then select the Operating System.
- After the repair process, follow the prompts notification to boot up your Windows PC.
Solution 3: Use Command Prompt
In addition, you can also use command prompt in the troubleshooting menu to fix the error problem. However, you should create a bootable device for your PC before you proceed. Here’s how to do this:
- Follow steps 1 – 4 in “Solution 2” above.
- Tap on “Troubleshoot” and then click on “Advanced” options.
- Select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands in the following order:
- After entering the commands, hit “Enter” and wait for the process to be completed.
- Restart your PC to boot into Windows.
Solution 4: Run System Restore
Running system restore can also fix the PC error code 0xc00000d problem on your Windows PC. In Windows, safe mode is a diagnostics mode which boots up your PC with only basic files and drivers running in a limited state.
However, you can run system restore in safe mode to slip back to a previous restore point on your system before the error problem started. Here’s how to do this:
- Press the power button until your PC shuts down, then press it again to switch on your PC.
- Navigate to the “Run in Safe Mode” option and hit “Enter”.
- Go to Start > Type system restore and then hit “Enter”.
- Follow the prompts to revert back to a certain restore point.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then reboot.
Note: Ensure you are able to identify the restore point date before the error message started. System restore does not affect any of your files, documents, and personal data.
Solution 5: Replace your HDD
Finally, you should consider replacing your PC’s HDD because it may be faulty or damaged. However you should remove your HDD and connect it to another PC to access the files and folders on the PC, and also to confirm if it boots up from the HDD.
However, if the newly connected PC can detect and access the HDD, then the cause for the error problem is due to the faulty SATA cable. The SATA cable connects the HDD to PC’ motherboard; we highly recommended that you replace it with a new one. You can carry out the replacement by a professional – computer engineer.
Consequently, the solutions for PC error code 0xc00000d have been listed above. You can try out the fixes in the listed order; feel free to comment below if you still have any issues with error code 0xc00000d.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 4 best PC repair toolkits to restore your PC’s health
- Operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair [FIX]
- PC won’t boot after BIOS update? Here’s how to fix this
Folks, there’s a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build in town. This release packs many interesting new features and bug fixes, but as always, it […]
In the past, DJs used to carry large crates of vinyl records and spent hours at the records store choosing their music one vinyl at […]
Champions League, the greatest football competition ever known to man, attracts millions of fans each year, from every corner of the world. Tuesdays and Wednesdays […]