How to fix Norton antivirus errors on Windows 10
Norton Antivirus is fully compatible with Windows 10 starting with version 188.8.131.52 released on July 20, 2015. The antivirus doesn’t support Windows 10 builds, but other than that you shouldn’t encounter errors or bugs when running Norton on Windows 10.
Since the world is not perfect, sometimes users do report Norton errors which prevent them from using the antivirus on Windows 10. Below, we’ll list the most frequent Norton antivirus errors users can encounter, as well as the available fixes.
1. I upgraded to Windows 10, but can’t find Norton
- Download Norton’s fix tool.
- Right-click on the exe. file and select Run as Administrator
- A windows will appear, informing you that an updated version of Norton Antivirus is about to be installed
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the update window doesn’t appear, go to your Norton account and install the antivirus from there:
- Login to your account
- Go to Setup > Download Norton
- Click Agree & Download.
2. I upgraded to Windows 10, and Norton won’t launch
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. If you have Norton Family, uninstall the program before you download this tool.
- Double-click the tool’s icon > accept the license terms.
- Click Remove & Reinstall > select Continue.
- Click Restart Now to finish the uninstall process.
- After the restart, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton antivirus.
3. Norton keeps on displaying the message: “Install an updated version of your Norton product for Windows 10”
- Download Norton’s fix tool as run it as described above.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, and follow the steps mentioned above.
4. Error: 8504, 104
It’s likely to encounter this error if you’re running another security program, or if installation errors slipped when upgrading the antivirus.
- Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and run it to remove Norton.
- Uninstall any-non Symantec security tools:
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall or change a program and remove all non-Symantec related programs.
- Update the Video graphics driver:
- Go to the Device Manager > Display adapters
- Right-click on the HD graphics card > Properties
- On the Driver tab, check for available updates
- If driver updates are available, download and install the latest version of the graphics card driver.
- Restart you computer.
5. Error: 3048,3
This error appears when the latest Norton antivirus update hasn’t been downloaded.
- Launch Norton.
- Go to Security > LiveUpdate.
- Wait for the update to finish and click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until the message “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates” appears to the screen.
- Restart the computer.
- If the actions listed above don’t solve your issue, run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
6. Errors 8506,421 and 3039,65559
- Restart your computer.
- Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and follow the on-screen indications to remove the antivirus and install it again.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem, download and run Norton Power Eraser:
- Double click the NPE.exe file.
- Click Yes or Continue > accept the license agreement.
- In the Norton Power Eraser window, select Unwanted Application Scan.
When the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the Unwanted Apps Scan Complete window.
- Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer.
7. Error 8505, 129:
Check the Network proxy settings
- Type “Internet options” in the search bar and then press Enter > the Internet options window is launched.
- Go to the Connections tab > select LAN settings.
- In the LAN settings box, ensure that none of the Proxy server boxes are selected.
- Click OK > Apply > OK.
Configure network connection settings on Windows
- Go to Network and sharing center
- Right-click the active network adapter > left-click Properties.
- In the Network Connection Properties window > go to This connection uses the following items > click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click Properties.
- In the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the two Norton ConnectSafe IP addresses:
- Preferred DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Click OK.
- If this action doesn’t solve the issue, run a scan with Norton Power Eraser.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security BSODs get fixed in Windows 10
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection now available to more users
- Protect yourself better from malware in Windows 10 with Limited Periodic Scanning feature
Apex Legends is the latest battle royale blockbuster for Windows that EA and Respawn released on Origin. However, some Apex players have stated that the […]
Do you like to keep your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 system secured? Of course, you do, as everyone tries to keep their data in […]
Taskhost.exe is a process that hosts various Windows processes running from a dynamic link library instead of the conventional .exes (executable files). You see, libraries (.dlls) […]