How to fix ‘nvspcap64.dll not found’ startup error on Windows 10
You may be wondering why you experience startup error saying “Could not find C:windowssystem32nvspcap64.dll” on your Windows 10 PC. This problem is associated with the NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
NVIDIA GeForce Experience is related with NVIDIA Capture Server Proxy which is a proxy server used whenever streaming or recording takes place in ShadowPlay. However, NVIDIA ShadowPlay is used to record and share gameplay videos, screenshots, and live streams with people.
Meanwhile, we have compiled solutions applicable in resolving nvspcap64.dll not found an issue on your Windows PC. You can find them below.
How to fix nvspcap64.dll not found on Windows 10
- Disable NVIDIA GeForce Experience from startup
- Update NVIDIA Drivers
- Uninstall using IObit Uninstaller program
- Update your Windows OS
Solution 1: Disable NVIDIA GeForce Experience from startup
The startup error nvspcap64.dll can be fixed by disabling NVIDIA GeForce Experience service from startup. This will remove the application from startup programs. Here’s how to disable GeForce Experience service from startup:
- Press the “Windows” and “R” key at the same time to launch the Run program.
- Type “msconfig” without quotes and click on “OK”.
- Now, click on the “Services” tab.
- Here, uncheck the “NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service” box (or any other NVIDIA application programs) and click on “OK”.
Solution 2: Update NVIDIA Drivers
Also, you can update NVIDIA graphics driver on your PC so as to fix the issue. Here’s how to update your PC’s graphics driver:
- Press the “Windows” and “R” key to launch the “Run” program.
- In the Run windows, type devmgmt.msc and click “OK” to open “Device Manager”.
- From the Device Manager left the panel, expand the Display adapters’ category and right-click on NVIDIA driver.
- Select “Update Driver” and follow the prompts to apply the update.
- Finally, after NVIDIA driver on your PC has been updated, restart your PC.
Solution 3: Uninstall using IObit Uninstaller program
Another method of fixing nvspcap64.dll is by using the IObit uninstaller program. This utility program is ideal for removing stubborn software applications and cleaning up all its traces.
Alternatively, you can use any of the ten best alternative uninstaller programs to completely uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
Download, install and use IObit Uninstaller on your Windows 10 PC to solve the nvspcap64.dll error on startup problem. Here’s how to do this:
- Download IObit Uninstaller program here, and install afterward.
- Launch the IObit Uninstaller application.
- Select the NVIDIA GeForce Experience program and other NVIDIA applications, and then select automatically remove residual files.
- Click on the “Uninstall” option to proceed with the uninstall process.
Solution 4: Update your Windows OS
In addition, you can fix nvspcap64.dll by updating your Windows OS to the latest version. Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors associated with startup errors.
However, on all Windows versions you can use these steps to update your Windows OS:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
In conclusion, the solutions listed above can help you to fix nvspcap64.dll startup problem on your Windows 10 PC. Comment below if you have any questions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix msvcr110.dll is missing on Windows 10
- DLL files missing after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- “File in use” error on Windows 10 [Fix]
If you find yourself looking at a Server execution failed error inside the Add roles and Features wizard, you must know you are not the […]
Adding data labels is one of the most basic functions in Power BI. As you well know, the visualizing of data is one of the […]