How to fix all your Razer mouse problems on Windows 10
Steps to fix Razer mouse problems on Windows PCs
- Open the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Install Razer Synapse
- Adjust Razer Synapse Settings
- Reset the Surface Calibration
- Turn Off Fast Startup
- Adjust Power Management Settings for USB Controllers
- Turn Off Razer Game Scanner
- Update the Razer Mouse Driver
There are a few highly rated Razer mice designed more specifically for Windows gaming. However, despite their reliability, Razer mice are still laggy and freeze for some users. Some users have even stated on forums their Razer mice don’t work when they start up Windows. These are a few potential fixes for Razer mouse issues in Windows 10.
You can use this guide to fix the following problems:
- Razer mouse won’t move
- Razer mouse won’t move but can click
- Razer mouse won’t change color
- Razer mouse won’t connect to synapse
- Razer mouse doesn’t respond
- Razer mouse doesn’t work on startup
- Razer mouse erratic movement issues, and more.
What to do if your Razer mouse doesn’t work on Windows 10
Solution 1 – Open the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is one that can highlight and fix issues with peripheral devices. So that troubleshooter might come in handy for fixing your Razer mouse. You can open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as follows.
- Click the Type here to search button on the taskbar to open Cortana’s search box.
- Enter ‘troubleshoot’ in the search box.
- Select Troubleshoot to open a list of Windows 10 troubleshooters in Settings.
- Select the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter on the Settings window, and press the Run the troubleshooter button.
- The troubleshooter might suggest potential fixes for your mouse. If it does, you can press an Apply this fix button.
Solution 2 – Install Razer Synapse
The Razer Synapse software is a cloud-based device manager that includes configuration settings for Razer mice and manages driver updates. That’s a fairly essential bit of kit for your Razer mouse. Your mouse might feel lagging and choppy without Razer Synapse. So install the latest Razer Synapse if you haven’t already. Click the Download Now button on this page to add Razer Synapse to Windows 10.
— RELATED: How to fix mouse jumps on Windows 10
Solution 3 – Adjust Razer Synapse Settings
- Adjusting a few Razer Synapse settings might fix random mouse freezes in games. First, open the Razer Synapse software.
- Click the Performance tab in Razer Synapse.
- Adjust the Polling Rate setting to 500 if required.
- Select the Calibration tab.
- Select the Surface Calibration option if it’s not currently on.
- If you don’t have a Razer mousepad, select the Others option and your mousepad. Follow the instructions to calibrate the mousepad.
- Drag the Liftoff Range bar to 1.
Solution 4 – Reset the Surface Calibration
Your mouse’s sensor might not be correctly calibrated. So you might need to reset the surface calibration to fix your Razer mouse. To do that, press and hold the left and right mouse buttons and middle wheel at the same time with the mouse flat on its mat for about 10 seconds.
Solution 5 – Turn Off Fast Startup
Some users have confirmed that turning Fast Startup off can fix a Razer mouse that doesn’t work. That ensures Windows has enough time to load the mouse driver during startup. This is how you can adjust the Turn on fast start-up option in Windows 10.
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter ‘Control Panel’ in Run, and click the OK button.
- Select Power Options to open the settings shown directly below.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do to open the options shown in the snapshot directly below.
- You can adjust the grayed out Shut-down settings by clicking Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the Turn on fast start-up setting if it’s selected.
- Press the Save changes button.
Solution 6 – Adjust Power Management Settings for USB Controllers
- Your mouse might randomly switch off when the Allow this computer to turn off this device setting is selected for USB controllers. To deselect that option, enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in Run and click OK.
- Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand that device category.
- Now right-click a USB controller there and select Properties.
- Select the Power Management tab shown directly below.
- Deselect the Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power option if it’s selected. Then press the OK button.
- Deselect the Allow the computer to turn off this device option for all the USB controllers.
Solution 7 – Turn Off Razer Game Scanner
If your Razer mouse lags, disable the Razer Game Scanner service. The Razer Game Scanner is a superfluous service that hogs system resources. You can turn off the Razer Game Scanner as follows.
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button and select Run.
- Enter ‘services.msc’ in Run and click OK.
- Double-click the Razer Game Scanner service to open its properties window.
- Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply button to save the new setting, and select the OK option to close window.
- In addition, disable the Razer Chroma SDK Server service.
Solution 8 – Update the Razer Mouse Driver
- Updating drivers is a resolution that can fix numerous peripherals. You can update your Razer mouse driver by opening this webpage.
- Click the Mice & Mats link.
- Click the All catalog to search for your mouse model. You can also enter your mouse in the search box at the bottom of the page.
- Then click your mouse to open its support page.
- Click Software & Drivers on the left of the page.
- Click Download on the right of the PC driver to save it to a folder.
- Then you can double-click the driver exe to update the Razer mouse driver.
Those resolutions might fix a Razer mouse that’s lagging and randomly freezing or doesn’t work at all when you start Windows. If the resolutions above don’t fix your mouse, check the peripheral’s warranty. You can get a replacement Razer mouse if your current one is still within its warranty period, which is usually about two years.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Mouse or touchpad not working in Windows 10
- Fix: Mouse keeps clicking by itself in Windows 10
- Fix: Bluetooth mouse not working in Windows 10
If you’re looking for a nice Christmas gift for CoD fans, you’ve come to the right place. In this quick buying guide, we’re going to […]
Hamachi by LogMeIn is one of the most popular VPN services for teams, commonly used by the gaming community. It allows users to create LAN-like […]