- This website does not supply identity information represents a security alert usually displayed on Mozilla .
- If you own the webpage that causes this alert you should consider buying and setting up the EV SSL certificate.
- For more information about browsers, you can find plenty of excellent articles about them in our Browsers page.
- If you've got a problem, we've got the fix. Check our Troubleshooting Hub for an answer to your issue.
Windows 10 is a secured OS thanks to its built-in features that can help you detect and remove malware.
So, when you receive a security alert, such as This website does not supply identity information, you need to make the best decisions in order to keep everything safe and secure.
This message represents a security alert that is usually displayed on Mozilla Firefox.
The alert is displayed in the form of a yellow exclamation mark located near the address bar.
If you select it, you receive the message mentioned above which is trying to let you know one thing: the webpage that you try to access is not entirely secured.
Shortly, even if there is a valid SSL certificate, some files and data from the website are still not properly protected.
In fact, the site still includes HTTP resources – usually, it’s about images or videos which are directing to the same HTTP address even if the site itself received the SSL certificate.
Therefore, this alert should not scare you. It is there only to tell you that the webpage still has HTTP resources.
So, if you are not asked to provide authentication details, you can safely resume the navigation process. Anyway, you can try to remove the alert using the solutions listed below.
How do I fix the website identity supply error?
1. Change your browser to Opera
As This website does not supply identity information is a typical problem for Firefox, a reasonable step would be to change your browser.
Opera is faster than any other alternative, it’s more secure, and it comes with a lot of extra features that other browsers are missing.
The biggest advantage over other browsers is the native VPN feature included for free and unlimited use. It’s a feature that nowadays it’s indispensable for protecting your privacy.
But that’s not all. Opera comes with other interesting extra features like ad blocker, battery saver, built-in messengers, crypto wallet, unit converters, customizable speed dials, sidebar extensions and many more.
Opera is constantly improving every month and that makes it the most modern browsers out there.
OperaOpera is a top browser, full of features, and faster than any other. It's one of the few browsers that protect your privacy with an integrated VPN.
2. Purchase EV SSL certificate
If you own the webpage that causes This website does not supply identity information alert you should consider buying and setting up the EV SSL certificate.
This is an extended validation certificate that can be added on HTTPS websites.
This is a business solution and the certificate process will be more complex than the one required by the regular SSL operation.
However, this extended protection should resolve the problems related with the identity information alert.
Moreover, this certificate will add a plus of protection for all the pages included on your website.
3. Manually redirect HTTP resources
As already explained, the reason why you receive this security alert is because of the HTTP resources that are still left on your website. So, the solution is to fix these URLs manually through dedicated redirects.
After you redirect each HTTP to associated HTTPS address you will see how the identity problem is resolved.
Of course, depending on how many HTTP resources are left on your webpage this operation might take a while.
4. Add the website to trusted list
- Open the Firefox browser.
- Click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner and display the Menu list.
- Click on Options.
- Go to Security from the left side of the Settings window.
- Click on Exceptions and enter the URLs that you want to include in the trusted list.
- Close the browser and restart in the end.
5. Adjust antivirus settings
Since this website does not supply identity information error is related with the SSL certificate you need to turn off HTTPS Scanning or the HTTPS protection feature within your antivirus programs.
So, let’s see how to do that for the most common antivirus software currently used on Windows 10.
- Access BitDefender Settings and find the Privacy Control.
- From there, go to Antiphishing tab.
- Just set Scan SLL to Off.
- Hint: these settings might be different from one version of BitDefender to another.
- Open Settings and pick Active Protection.
- Select Web Shield and go to Customize.
- Just uncheck the Unable HTTPS Scanning option.
- Access the Settings menu.
- From Settings select Extend and navigate towards Network Settings.
- The SSL scan settings will be displayed.
- Choose the one that lets you navigate on all browsers.
6. Disable SSL check on Firefox
- Run Firefox on your computer.
- In the address bar enter about:config.
- Confirm the alert message in case you get one.
- Try to find the security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling entry.
- Double click it and set its value to false.
The steps from above should help you better understand This website does not supply identity information security alert and how to fix it, depending on your own particular situation.
Don’t forget to double-check any security changes you make, as it’s more than recommended to use an encrypted connection all the time
That’s the only way in which you can protect your data and your Windows 10 system.
This guide can also fix the following issues:
- This website does not supply ownership information lets encrypt
- SSL info this website does not supply ownership information.
- This website does not supply ownership information Firefox
FAQ: Read more about Firefox errors
- What does it mean that This website does not supply ownership information?
This message represents a security alert that is usually displayed on Mozilla Firefox in the form of a yellow exclamation mark located near the address bar.
- How can I fix This website does not supply ownership information?
First, you should consider just changing your browser. But if you want to fix this issue, we have an excellent guide.
- How can I fix Firefox?
You should be more specific in pointing out the exact Firefox issue. However, we have an awesome guide on how to fix common Firefox issues in Windows 10.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in October 2017 and was revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.