How to fix Windows 10 error 1935
Error 1935 is a frequent error message that occurs on all Windows versions when users try to install third-party apps, programs, and games. The good news is that there is a quick workaround you can use to fix this issue.
First, let’s see how one Windows user describes error 1935:
Okay, let’s start with the problem. As I was trying to install League of Legends, it prompted me to download MS Visual C++ 2005. All goes smooth until the very last second where it tries to configure the item, in where it gives off this error code 1935 followed by a string of text. […] This has been happening with my brand-new laptop […] Can someone please explain what’s going on?
Here’s how to fix Windows 10 error 1935
Error 1935 can appear while trying to run or install certain applications, and it can cause many problems. Speaking of issues, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Windows 10 Office install error 1935 – If you encounter this issue, the problem might be your services. To fix the problem, make sure that the required services are running properly in the background.
- Error 1935 an error occurred during the installation of assembly component – This is a common problem, and if you encounter it, be sure to try some of our solutions.
- Error 1935 Windows 10 League Of Legends – This issue can appear while trying to run or install League of Legends. To fix this problem, make sure that you have the necessary components installed.
- Autocad, Acrobat error 1935 Windows 10 – This issue can occur when trying to install various applications. If you encounter this issue, try installing applications in Compatibility Mode.
- Windows 10 error 1935 Kaspersky – This issue can sometimes occur due to your antivirus, and in order to fix it, it’s advised to disable certain antivirus features or your entire antivirus.
- Error 1935 .NET framework – This problem occurs if you don’t have the necessary C++ Redistributables. However, you can download them from Microsoft’s website and install them manually.
Solution 1 – Check your antivirus
A common cause for error 1935 can be your antivirus software. The antivirus can interfere with your system and prevent you from running or installing certain applications. If this happens, you need to disable certain antivirus features or disable your antivirus altogether.
Several users reported that they had to remove their antivirus software in order to fix this problem, so you might have to do that as well. If removing the antivirus solves the problem, this might be a perfect time to consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
There are many great antivirus applications, but if you want maximum security that won’t interfere with your system, you should definitely try out BullGuard.
Solution 2 – Use Command Prompt
First of all, it is good to know that if you receive a 1935 error when you try to install software, this means that the Windows file system transaction is corrupted. Here’s how to clear the log:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- Type the following command: fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\.
- C: is the drive where Windows 10 is installed. If it is installed on another drive, change the drive letter appropriately.
- Restart the system.
Solution 3 – Modify your registry
Sometimes error 1935 can appear due to issues in your registry. However, you can fix that problem simply by making a couple of changes in your registry. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- In the Registry Editor window, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control.
- In the Registry Editor dialog box, double-click on RegistrySizeLimit > the Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
- In that dialog box, enter ffffffff as the Hexadecimal value > click on the Decimal radio button > enter 4294967295 as the decimal value.
- Click OK > reboot the machine.
Solution 4 – Run the application in Compatibility mode
If you’re getting error 1935, you might be able to fix the problem simply by running the application in Compatibility mode. If you’re not familiar, Compatibility mode is a special feature that optimizes older applications for Windows 10.
Despite being designed for older applications, you can use Compatibility mode for newer applications as well. To run an application in Compatibility mode, you just need to do the following:
- Locate the problematic application, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- Now go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for. Select the desired version of Windows and click Apply and OK to save changes.
After setting the application to run in Compatibility mode, the issue should be completely resolved.
Solution 5 – Make sure that Windows Modules Installer service is running
Sometimes error 1935 can appear because the necessary services aren’t running. Users reported this issue while trying to install certain applications on their PC, and it seems that the issue was caused by Windows Modules Installer service.
To fix this problem, you need to make sure that this service is enabled. You can enable the service by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Services window opens, locate Windows Modules Installer and right-click it. Choose Start from the menu.
After starting the service, try to install the problematic application once again and check if the problem is resolved. Another service that can cause this issue is Trustedinstaller Service, so be sure to enable it as well.
Solution 6 – Install Visual C++ Redistributables
According to users, sometimes error 1935 can appear if Visual C++ Redistributables aren’t installed on your PC. To fix this problem, it’s advised that you install the missing components manually. This is relatively simple, and you can download Visual C++ Redistributables from Microsoft’s website.
Keep in mind that there are several versions of Visual C++ Redistributables available, and in order to fix the problem, you’ll need to install the correct version. If you don’t know which version you need to install, you can install all available versions and check if that helps.
Solution 7 – Install the missing updates
If the error 1935 keeps appearing, the issue might be the missing updates. Sometimes there might be bugs on your system that can cause this issue to appear, and the best way to fix them is to install the missing Windows updates.
By default, Windows 10 installs the missing updates automatically, but sometimes you might miss an update or two. However, you can always check for missing updates by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + I.
- When Settings app opens, go to the Update & Security section.
- Click Check for updates button.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded in the background and installed as soon as you restart your PC. After updating your system, be sure to check if the error is resolved.
Solution 8 – Perform SFC and DISM scans
In some cases, error 1935 can occur if your Windows installation is corrupted. However, you can fix this problem simply by performing an SFC scan. This is quite simple to do, and you can perform it by following these steps:
- Start Command Prompt as an administrator.
- When Command Prompt starts, run sfc /scannow command.
- The SFC scan will now start. The scanning process can take about 15 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
After the SFC scan is finished, check if the error message still appears. If the issue isn’t resolved, you’ll need to perform a DISM scan. You can do that by following these steps:
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command.
- DISM scan will now start and take about 20 minutes or more to complete.
Once the DISM scan is completed, check if the problem is resolved. If you want, you can repeat the SFC scan once again and check if that helps.
Solution 9 – Delete certain values from the registry
According to users, error 1935 can appear while trying to install or run Office. This can be a big problem, but you can fix it by making a couple of changes in your registry. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Open Registry Editor.
- When Registry Editor opens, in the left pane navigate to HKEY\Software\Microsoft\ key.
- Locate Office and OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform keys from the registry.
After removing these keys, restart your PC and check if the problem is still there.
This workaround is useful especially for gamers. League of Legends error code 1935 is one of the most common errors affecting players, and now you can fix it in less than 5 minutes thanks to the solution listed above.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix error code 0xc004c003 in Windows 10
- Fix Error Code 0x80248014 Problems in Windows 10
- Fix Windows Update errors with Microsoft’s dedicated tool
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]