Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Error 1935 occurs while trying to run or install certain apps from Microsoft and Adobe.
- Check your antivirus, as it can interfere with your system and prevent you from running or installing apps.
- Make sure the Windows Modules Installer service is enabled to fix this problem.
Error 1935 is a frequent error message on all Windows versions when installing third-party apps, programs, and games. Most often, you get error 1935 when you try to install Microsoft Office some of our readers also reported the error 1935 on Adobe products.
What is a Windows 1935 error?
Error 1935 is a problem with the Microsoft Installer that is directly connected to the permissions required during software installation. You don’t have the right permissions to install it, or some other software is blocking it.
Here are some other important causes why you can get the Microsoft Office error 1935 on Windows 10 or 11:
- Services are not started – If the Microsoft Installer services are not working or don’t start, you may get error 1935 in Office 2007 and related problems.
- Missing .NET Framework components – This problem occurs if you don’t have the necessary C++ Redistributables. However, you can download them from Microsoft’s website and install them manually, as shown in one of our solutions below.
- Software is blocking the installation – This issue can sometimes occur due to your antivirus; to fix it, it’s advised to disable its firewall or your entire antivirus.
- Assembly component problem – The installation of Office 2010 Error 1935 appears with the message An error occurred during the installation of the assembly component. Try to restart the PC and try the installation again.
Now that we know what can cause the error 1935, let’s fix the problem with the solutions below.
How can I fix error 1935?
Before getting into more complicated troubleshooting solutions, let’s try a few quick fixes that might solve the problem quickly:
- Restart your PC and retry the installation. As simple as it may seem, it worked for a lot of our readers.
- Disable your third-party antivirus temporarily and try to install the software. If that was the problem, try a better antivirus that won’t interfere with running your software.
- Make sure to install all pending OS updates.
- If your PC is running inside an organization network, get administrator privileges to install the app.
If you still get the error 1935 while installing the software, perform the solutions below to fix it.
1. Delect the AppModel subkey
- Press the Windows key + R to start the Run console, type regedit, and press Enter or hit OK.
- Navigate to the following path in the Registry Editor:
- Right-click on the AppModel subkey and select Delete from the menu.
- Click Yes to confirm the action, restart your PC and retry the installation.
After deleting the AppModel subkey, you should be able to install Microsoft Office without any issues.
If something goes wrong, learn how to fix the Registry on Windows 11 in just a few steps.
2. Make sure that Windows Modules Installer service is running
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter or click OK.
- When Services window opens, locate Windows Modules Installer and right-click it. Choose Start from the menu.
After starting the service, try to install the problematic application once again and check if the problem is resolved. Another service that can cause this issue is Trustedinstaller Service, so be sure to enable it as well.
3. Perform SFC and DISM scans
- Click the Start button, type cmd and select Run as administrator from the results.
- Type or paste the following command and press Enter to run it:
- After it completes the scanning, type the following command and press Enter to run it:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- DISM scan will now start and take about 20 minutes or more to complete.
Once the SFC and DISM scans are completed, check if the problem is resolved. If you want, you can repeat the SFC scan and check if that helps.
4. Repair the Transaction support using Command Prompt
- Click the Windows button, type cmd, and select Run as administrator from the results.
- Type the following command and press Enter to run it (where C is the drive where Windows is installed):
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
- You will receive a message that the operation was successful. Restart the system.
First of all, it is good to know that if you receive a 1935 error when you try to install software, this means that the Windows file system transaction is corrupted.
5. Install Visual C++ Redistributables
- Launch your preferred browser and go to the Microsoft Redistributables download page.
- Click on the right link to download the right version of Visual C++ for your system.
- Once the package is downloaded, install the software on your PC, then retry installing the software that previously returned the error 1935.
According to some of our readers, error 1935 can appear if Visual C++ Redistributables aren’t installed on your PC. To fix this problem, it’s advised that you install the missing components manually.
Keep in mind that there are several versions of Visual C++ Redistributables available, and in order to fix the problem, you’ll need to install the correct version.
If you don’t know which version you need to install, you can install the latest available version and check if that helps.
6. Repair the .NET Framework
- Launch your preferred browser and navigate to the .NET Framework Repair Tool download page.
- Click on the Download button to get the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.
- Double-click the executable file, accept the license terms, and hit Next.
- The tool will automatically run a test on your .NET Framework components and if there are any issues, it will recommend the required fixes. Hit Next to correct the problems.
- Click the Finish button after the fixes have been applied.
- Restart your PC and try to install the software that was failing before.
Our readers have reported that after repairing the .NET Framework components, they were able to install the software without receiving the error 1935.
Fortunately, Microsoft has a very small and efficient app called the .NET Framework Repair Tool that helps you repair .NET Framework easily so try it out.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, you can also download the latest .NET Framework and reinstall it. This will particularly fix error 1935 when installing Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, CS5, or CS4 applications.
7. Run the application in Compatibility mode
- Locate the problematic installer file, right-click it, and choose Properties from the menu.
- Now go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for. Select the desired version of Windows and click Apply and OK to save changes.
If you’re getting error 1935, you might be able to fix the problem simply by running the application in Compatibility mode.
If you’re not familiar, Compatibility mode is a special feature that optimizes older applications for newer versions of Windows.
Despite being designed for older applications, you can also use Compatibility mode for newer applications.
After setting the application to run in Compatibility Mode, the issue should be completely resolved.
8. Remove the OfficeSoftwareProtectioPlatform key
- Press the Windows + R key to open Run, type regedit, and press Enter to start Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Locate the OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform key and delete it.
After removing the key, restart your PC and check if the problem is still there.
League of Legends error code 1935 is one of the most common errors affecting players, and now you can fix it in less than 5 minutes thanks to the solution listed above.
We hope that our guide helped you fix the error 1935 and now you have managed to install the desired software.
You might also be interested in what to do if you can’t install Microsoft Office software on your PC.
For any other questions or possible solutions, we await your input in the comments section below.