Like any other platform developed by Microsoft, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 can be easily customizable by any user. So, in order to personalize your Windows 8 device and for being able to ease your daily work you can anytime use dedicated apps, features and gadgets. But, what can you do when you notice that you can’t properly use the Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 gadgets?
Of course you will have to find a proper troubleshoot solution to apply on your device in order to fix these issues. The Windows gadgets are great as by using the same you can get your precious info right on your Desktop and within a single tap or click. So, having problems with the gadgets means that you can’t properly use your Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 device, thus a troubleshoot solution must be performed as soon as possible.
In that matter you can anytime use the steps from below where I have posted various methods that can be used in order to address the Windows 8 gadgets not working problems. Therefore, don’t hesitate and try these guidelines for fixing your Windows laptop, tablet or desktop.
How to Fix Windows 8 Gadgets
Restore your Gadgets to default settings
- Go to your Start Screen and press the “Wind + R” keyboard keys.
- The Run box will be displayed.
- There enter “control” and press enter.
- From Control Panel pick “Appearance and Personalization”.
- Just click on “Restore Desktop Gadgets” and you are done.
- If this method isn’t working for you, try to apply the following solutions.
Use Registry Editor
- From the Start Screen of your Windows 8 device press “Wind + R” keyboard buttons in order to use the Run box.
- Type regedit and press ok.
- Then from Registry Editor go to path “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones”.
- From left panel of Registry, under Zones right click on the ASCII symbol.
- Select “Delete” and then “ok”.
- Exist Registry Editor and reboot your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 device.
Fix XML Registration
- On your computer go to Start Screen and right click on the Start button.
- From the menu that will be displayed choose “Open Command Prompt Window as Administrator”.
- Then, in the cmd window type “regsvr32 msxml3.dll”, agree with the prompt and click “Ok”. Then type “regsvr32 scrrun.dll” and agree with the alert and click “ok” and finally type “regsvr32 jscript.dll”, agree with the message and click “ok”.
- In the end reboot your device.
That should do the trick; now you should know how to fix the Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 gadgets issues with ease, by applying one of the above explained methods. Use the comments filed from below in case you need more help in this matter.