XCOM 2 takes you to a time when humanity lost the war against the alien invaders. A new world order now rules Earth. Time has come for the XCOM forces to rise and eliminate the alien occupation once and for all.
Although XCOM 2 was launched almost a year go, it’s still affected by many technical issues. In this article, we’re going to list the most frequent XCOM 2 bugs on Steam, as well as their corresponding workarounds.
Common XCOM 2 bugs and how to fix them
1. “Servers too busy” – error 41
1. Verify your files on Steam
2. Right click on the game in your Steam library > select Properties
3. In the new dialog box > select the local files tab > click on the Verify integrity of local game cache button in the bottom left of the tab.
2. “Servers too busy” – error 53
1. Temporarily disable any live scanning antivirus while you start the game, and turn it back on afterwards. You need to disable the antivirus only once, until the game is updated.
2. Also, try installing the game on a NTFS partition, not on a FAT partition.
3. XCOM 2 startup bugs
1. Verify Steam cache as described above
2. Run steam://flushconfig from your run dialog.
3. Rename the XCOM 2 folder under My Games > let it create a new set of files when it starts up.
4. XCOM 2 crashes
1. Make sure that the game and your Steam installation are on the same partition
2. Reinstall DirectX > go to your XCOM 2 Steam folder > locate the DirectX setup package > run DXSETUP.exe > reboot the computer
3. Reinstall Vcredist > go to your game’s steam folder > locate the two Vcredist folders > run the Vcredist.exe file in both folders > reboot the computer
4. Reinstall Microsoft .NET > locate the DotNet folder in your game’s Steam folder > repair it > restart your computer.
5. XCOM 2 gets stuck on soldier customization
1. Try changing something > attempt to exit the game again
2. Use the soldier selection buttons to move to a different soldier before exiting.
If you’ve e encountered other issues than the ones listed above, you can submit a support request to 2K, describing the exact bug that you’re experiencing.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: