- The xinput1_3.dll not found error is caused by a problem with Microsoft DirectX.
- Xinput1_3.dll is used when running graphics and video editors or high-end games.
- Start by installing the DirectX version needed by the affected program.
- If xinput1_3.dll is missing try updating DirectX and reinstalling the affected program.
The Xinput1_3.dll is missing error message appears when a game or software is launched. The error file is caused by an issue with Microsoft DirectX when the xinput1_3.dll dynamic link library (DLL) file is not found.
However, DirectX improves PC performance for Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs. Furthermore, Microsoft’s operating systems are generally affected by xinput1_3.dll and other DirectX issues.
These Operating versions include Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, the most popular OS among gamers, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
However, we have compiled a list of solutions and how you can fix the xinput1_3.dll missing issue on your Windows PC.
How can I fix the missing xinput1_3.dll error?
- Install DirectX for the problematic program
- Update DirectX
- Reinstall the problematic program
- Update the game controller drivers
1. Install the DirectX version of the affected program
Software developers usually include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc of the game/program. Installing DirectX version included on the software can fix xinput1_3.dll is missing problem.
Look for DirectX installation program on your game or application CD or DVD. Furthermore, the DirectX version that comes with your software installation package is supported on all Windows versions.
It will install the DirectX file needed and supported in that version of Windows. Try this fix to clear xinput1_3.dll is missing error.
Even more, we want to remind you the importance of DLLs and registries, along with a few repercussions far beyond your imagination.
Restoro is a reliable third-party DLL fixer which uses a built-in automated system and an online library full of functional DLLs to replace and repair any files that might be corrupted or damaged on your PC.
All you need to do to resolve your PC’s problems is to launch it, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to start the process, as everything else is covered by the software’s automated processes.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for it to scan your PC for any stability issues and possible malware.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After this process is completed your PC will be as good as new, and you will no longer have to deal with BSoD errors, slow response times, or other similar issues.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Update Microsoft DirectX
- Go to Microsoft’s official DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer download page.
- Select the checkbox for any additional downloads or ignore and click on No thanks and continue.
- Save the file to a specified path on your PC.
- Launch the setup file to install the DirectX updates and follow the prompts.
Upgrading your current version of Microsoft DirectX can fix the xinput1_3.dll is missing error. Download and install Microsoft’s latest updates to DirectX using the steps above.
Note: Internet connection is required for this fix. After updating your current version of Microsoft DirectX, launch the affected program.
This method has been known to fix xinput1_3.dll is missing error. Do not download DirectX updates from illegal websites or websites with a bad reputation because of the many dangers involved.
3. Reinstall the program
- Go to the Start menu, type control panel, and hit the Enter button.
- In the Control Panel, go to the Programs and Features menu to uninstall a program.
- Go through the list of the installed applications and double-click on the application that produced the error. Follow the uninstallation prompts.
- If you installed using a CD, insert the CD and install it afterward. Download the application at its official download site.
- Launch the installer and follow the prompts untill the installation is complete.
- Finally, run the application again.
After you reinstall the program along with its components, launch the program again. This fix will solve the xinput1_3.dll is missing problem.
Consider reinstalling the software application that displayed xinput1_3.dll is missing error. Reinstalling the corrupted program will replace the program files including its dynamic link libraries with a fresh one.
If you can’t open Control Panel, take a look at this step-by-step guide to find a solution.
4. Update the game controller drivers
4.1 Update the drivers manually
- Press the Windows and R keys to launch the Run program.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager
- From the Device Manager’s left panel, expand the Sound, video and game controller category and right-click on the game controller driver.
- Select Update Driver and follow the prompts to apply the update.
- Finally, after the update, restart your PC.
However, the software application in question may either require a game controller driver or a graphics driver; use these steps to update the specified driver.
Another reason for xinput1_3.dll is missing problem is due to old graphics or game controller drivers. The software program or game application may require updated drivers to work efficiently.
Another method of updating your driver is by visiting your PC’s manufacturer website to download and install the game controller driver for your PC’s model.
If you want to have the latest GPU drivers, bookmark this page and always stay updated with the latest and greatest.
4.2 Update drivers automatically
In case you are not sure about the driver version you find on the manufacturer’s website, we strongly recommend DriverFix as it’s a very fast and reliable solution that gets the job done with minimum effort and time.
It automatically identifies each device on your computer and matches it with the latest driver versions from an extensive online database.
Start by downloading and installing DriverFix. It’s a very light software so it will only take a few seconds to download it. Once it does, run the executable file to install it seamlessly.
After the installation, the tool will start running automatically so you don’t need to find its shortcut or the source folder. DriverFix will scan your system for any problematic or missing drivers and it will provide a report in just a few seconds.
All you need to do is to decide whether you update all the drivers in bulk or one by one if you have reasons not to install certain drivers.
For the first option, you will have to click on the update all button from the top of the list and for the second you will need to check the indivitdual boxes for each driver and hit their Update button from the right.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the Update button several times until all of its components are installed.
In conclusion, these fixes are applicable in solving the xinput1_3.dll is missing problem. Try out any of the fixes and launch the affected program again.
As always, if you have any other questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
Frequently Asked Questions
DLLs or dynamic link libraries are executable codes that launch when users open the program linked to the respective DLL. If you encounter any DLL errors, our expert guide will help you fix them.
The xinput1_3 DLL is a DLL file found in the DirectX software. This excellent guide will help you fix xinput1_3 error.
The xinput1_3 DLL is located in the System32 folder from Windows. You can locate it faster with File Explorer.